Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I can't get WNYE with RS bowtie and i'm less than 10 miles away with clear view so i want to try the rooftop antenna.

My neighbor lives on the 4th flr and is using the antenna on the roof of a six story building.( for regular vhf/uhf reception)

I want to run another lead directly from antenna to my place (6th flr) which is a very short run under fifty feet.

My neighbor doesn't care if i do this as long as it doesn't mess up his reception.

He doesn't own antenna, there's 5 of them on the roof not in use (the one he's using is very close to my co-op )

So is it ok to have 2 leads coming off one rooftop antenna each going to separate apartments?

PS: Trying to get OTA DTV ..WYNE

Thanks so much : >

Blue

------------------

"Soon my friend,Soon...."

[This message has been edited by Blue Rain (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
You'll each get a little less than half the signal from the antenna. But from your distance with a clear view, this shouldn't be a problem.

If your neighbor's existing lead-in is coaxial cable (round), then all you need is a 2-way VHF/UHF splitter, a short length of coax cable to go from the antenna to the splitter, and 50-60 ft. of coaxial cable for yourself. You disconnect the neighbor's cable from the antenna (which should be through a twinlead-to-coaxial coupling transformer), hook up the short coax to the coupling transformer instead, and connect the neighbor's cable and your cable to the 2 outputs of the 2-way splitter.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I run 5 televisions off of my roof mounted Winegard GS2000.

I recieve 19 channels from as far away as 120+ miles and three different states. I recieve all the HDTV cahnnels from Atlanta (65 miles away) with no drop-outs whatsoever.

------------------

Mark A. Torre

NEC XG-8"CRT PJ, HTPC, HDTV and loving it! The Torre Home Theater

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.