Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, this isn't another remote question. :D

I have three Replays that I want to put in the same room. I was thinking of one on top of the big screen TV, the other two in the entertainment center to record the shows that conflict, then stream them to the Replay on the TV when I'm ready to watch them.

My question is how to hook them up. I'm using basic analog cable without a cable box so I will use the Replays built in tuners.

Input: Should I split the cable three ways and run a separate line to each Replay or can I run the cable as a daisy chain from one Replay to the next to the next to the next then output to the TV? If the first one is recording, will the others be able to watch/record different channels at the same time?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I split the cable and run to each of my RTVs separately.

The Dreamer.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Yeah, split is better. You may need an amp, depending on your cable signal. I'm not even sure what gets fed out the 'cable out jack' when one unit is recording. There's a lot of loss from the tuner, anyway.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
You could try splitting the cable with a regular 1-in, 3-out splitter and see if the quality is OK (btw, some splitters are better than others). If there's a noticable drop in quality, try getting an amp box instead (from Radio Shack, etc).

The next question is how are you going to bring all three Replays back to the TV, for this you will probably need a remote controlled video selector box, like the Sima SVS4. If you don't need to be able to select the Replay box by remote, there are much cheaper push-button versions available too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fortunately, I have enough inputs on my TV to accept all of them.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by The Robman
The next question is how are you going to bring all three Replays back to the TV, for this you will probably need a remote controlled video selector box, like the Sima SVS4. If you don't need to be able to select the Replay box by remote, there are much cheaper push-button versions available too.
A cheaper solution (albeit not as versitle) for the benefit of others in the same situation, Radio Shack now has a 2 input remote video switch for $35 that works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.