AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought cloudy with a chance of meatballs and monsterhouse. When I push play, it gives me 3d or 2d option, when I hit 3d option it says it requires a 3d bd device and 3d tv and wont let me play. If I start in 2d and then hit 3d on my remote, it switches to 3d. Any reason why its doing this? Would the hdmi cable I am using have anything to do with it? Its an older cable and dont know if its good enough. If youre cable isnt good enough, will it not work at all or not work as well as it should? When I hit 3d button I can tell its playing in 3d but it doesnt look as good as I see at bestbuy setup.

This is playing through by ps3 with the latest update. I know its working at least partially because when I look at it without the glasses it looks all fuzzy and with glasses it looks clearer. Should I try a stronger cable or does it just work or not work?

I have the samsung pn50c8000yf

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok that helps. At least I know its not that. I think I figured something out. When I push 3d it gives me options for 2d-3d, sidebyside, or topbottom. I was trying to use the 2d to 3d because when I used the other two the screen went all crazy. However I tried the sidebyside and the screen went crazy, but when I pushed play it worked. Now my question is should I use sidebyside or toptobottom?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The reason it switches to 3d when you start in 2d is because you're using the 2d-to-3d conversion that Samsung has built into the pn50c8000yf. It's not the true 3d is in the blu-ray. It won't look nearly as good.

A couple things - have you updated your PS3 with the latest firmware?

Also, you'll need to go through your display settings again on the PS3 to enable 3D. To do this:
  1. Go into Settings -> Display Settings -> Video Output Settings. Start a new search.
  2. PS3 now tell you that your TV supports 1080p. Click again, and PlayStation 3 tell you that your TV supports 3D. Adjust the size of the TV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.