AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received the MX-500 on Friday, and spent a little time Saturday programming the remote. All went real well, except-

1. Couldn't get the remote to learn the joy stick function of the Samsung SIR-T150 (HD tuner). Got the 'good' response everytime I learned the up, down, right and left function to the MX-500, but then it wouldn't control the pointer when I tried navigating on the Samsung menu? All other remote thumb pads work ok on the MX-500.

2. When setting up a macro, I can't change inputs on my Mitsubishi, because it is controlled by a single rocker switch on the Mits remote.

Do I have to buy a all in one remote, find the discrete codes, enter each input (DVD, DTV, VCR, etc) on the all in one, and then learn it to the MX-500?

Thanks for any responses/help.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
1. Try varying the amount of time you're holding down the button on the remote you're learning from. Usually, just a quick push is best, but some commands (like Volume Up/Down) require that you hold down the button.

2. Which model Mits do you have? With the WS models, you can put the Mits remote into a "discrete" mode and learn the direct input commands to your MX-500.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeSRC

2. Which model Mits do you have? With the WS models, you can put the Mits remote into a "discrete" mode and learn the direct input commands to your MX-500.
How do you put the Mits remote into discrete mode? I have the WS-55411.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shark73
How do you put the Mits remote into discrete mode?
1) Slide the switch to "TV".

2) While pressing the POWER buttons, press 0, 9, 0 on the number keys.

The remote now functions with discrete codes:

Quote:
BUTTON | Resulting Discrete Code

POWER | Power On

STOP | Power Off

PAUSE | A/V Reset

DEVICE UP - PIP | DTV HD Input

DEVICE UP - 1 | Input 1

DEVICE UP - 2 | Input 2

DEVICE UP - 3 | Input 3

DEVICE UP - 4 | Input 4

DEVICE UP - 5 | Input DVD / Component 1

DEVICE UP - 6 | Input Component 2

DEVICE UP - SQV | Input 5 / STB

DEVICE UP - QVP | Input VGA

DEVICE UP - PIP | Input OTA HD Antenna

DEVICE UP - PIP CHANNEL UP | Input Antenna A

DEVICE UP - PIP CHANNEL DOWN | Input Antenna B
To return the remote into normal operation:

1) Slide the switch to "TV".

2) While pressing the POWER buttons, press 0, 0, 0 on the number keys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses Mike and Dave. I have the WS-55819, so I will try putting the Mits remote into discrete mode. I'm still a little confused about the Samsung joy stick, but I'll try holding it for different lengths of time and see if anything changes.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Thanks for the info Bluedo! I purchased my 700 from you guys a few weeks ago and I love it so far. Only problem I've had is getting discrete codes for the Tv, receiver and dvd player

Jim

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
One correction and an addition to the list above:

DEVICE UP followed by PIP/POP (not PIP) = OTA HD Antenna (Built-In HD Tuner)

Also, if you have an older model Mits, use INPUT UP instead of DEVICE.

If you want to know more about your Mits and what you can do to improve its picture, email me and I'll tell you the definitive website to find out more.

Jim, what other discretes are you looking for on your TV and DVD player?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mike, I'm looking for discrete codes for my Sony Receiver. It's a few years old, Model number STR-DE935. If you have any idea's on where to find them, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the same question as Shark73. I would like to find discrete codes for the Samsung hd tuner and Mits DVD player, so that I can punch thru on the remote off button and shut off all the components at once.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I don't have anything specific for your model Sony receiver, but many of them respond to the generic on/off commands for Sony in the discrete code section here .

I don't believe there are any discretes for the Samsung (they're notorius for not having any discretes). For the Mits, you might try some Pioneer discretes from the link above. Otherwise, try using "Play & Stop" for "On" and "Play & Power" for "Off' in your macros.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Does anyone know how to use a Learned Input command from the Mits discrete codes and place it in a Macro on the Main page for the MX-700

I have a Mits RPTV and I'm I've taught it how to go to the Component 2 input. Which is Discrete code Device - 6 from the above post. It works find on the TV page 1 button. However, when I try to load it as a Macro onto another button it doesn't work properly.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
How are you setting up your macro? If the macro includes turning the TV on, you'll need about 5-7 seconds of delay time before the TV will respond to an input change.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeSRC
How are you setting up your macro? If the macro includes turning the TV on, you'll need about 5-7 seconds of delay time before the TV will respond to an input change.
The macro is programmed to only switch the tv input to cable and turn the audio to cable, this will be used for switching inputs after the system is already powered up. For some reason when I tested the macro it would not turn the tv input to cable. When I loaded the data to the remote it works fine. Go figure.

Thanks for the advice though.

Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.