AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see models like the pioneers touting dual rear channel output,. but only one amplification circuit, and i'm guessing that you can wire two speakers to share the amplification for teh rear speaker and essentially widen the rear soundstange

is it possible to wire two speakers to a single rear speaker outputto use 7.1 speakers with 6.1 decoding on a 6.1 output/powering reciever? or can you only do this with dual output

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I believe that if they advertise 7.1 and only have one output for 6.1, it probably requires a 2 channel amp for 7.1 output. You can wire two rears parallel and have 7.1 if you dont have a seperate amp but would increase the load on the receiver....I think it would change the load to 4 ohms I believe but dont quote me on this.

Yosh70

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
If you use identical speakers, you can connect them in series (which doubles the impedance and halves the current flow) instead of parallel (which halves the impedance and doubles the current flow if the amp channel can handle the load).

Connect amp '+' to 1st speaker '+', 1st speaker '-' to 2nd speaker '+', and 2nd speaker '-' to amp '-' .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.