AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
help....I have 2 round 24inch DirecTV dishes set up but cant get automatic receiver detection of the 119 and 101 satellite channels. Both dishes are tuned on the proper satellites since I can view either channel 199 HD or regular DirecTV channels by connecting the coax direct from either dish. I cannot however get any signal strength on 119 when I connect the 2 dishes up to the 22khz switch??

The switch is a Perfect Vision 2X1 PK22 I think is the model number.

When I measure for LNB voltage out of the PK22 switch, I only get voltage out of the DISH#1 port and nothing I can do with the TU HDS20 receiver ever switches voltage to the DISH#2 port.

Is the LNB voltage supposed to be on both ports at the same time? or does the receiver somehow switch voltage with the 22khz signal.

Any tekkies out there that can help please?

------------------

Larry

·
Registered
527 Posts
Larry,

How many receivers do you have? I use a 22kHz switch for my main receiver, but if I power up my second receiver (101 only) I lose all signal on 119 on the main receiver. Very strange.

David

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

I just have the one receiver...a Panasonic TU-HDS20.

I suspect that the port on the 22khz switch (PV22K)feeding my second dish is supposed to have voltage to feed the LNB all the time and the receiver simply uses the 22khz square wave signal to select either dish 101 or 119.

I have LNB operating voltage present on port 1 of the switch all the time (101 satellite) but never on port 2 (119 satellite).

This was a brand new 22khz switch. Must be my luck...The Panasonic DVD player I bought (RP91K) was DOA also!!

------------------

Larry

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Larry,

I've got another thread going about 24" round dishes. Are yours 24" round (not elliptical) and if so where did you get them? Thanks. Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve,

Yes, they are the round 24in dishes (RCA Style). I got them from a local DSS dealer for $25.oo each new.

They are the same as the RCA 18in dish and accept the RCA LNBF's.

You can also order them from Starks Electronics in Worcester, MA. Starks has a Web site also.

The actual model I have is made by Perfect 10 called the 'SURESHOT' they make a 24in heated model for those that may have winter icing snow problems and that model is called a "HOTSHOT".

Hope this answers your question.

------------------

Larry

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
842 Posts
Just had the same problem last night. My Perfect Vision switch was new and bad lucky my installer had another.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.