AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

2 screen set up

336 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  usc1995
I currently have a 16:9 screen since 80% of what I watch fits that ratio.
I wouldn't mind also having a spare 2.35 screen for the 20% of the time I watch movies shot in scope. My 16:9 is hung by a typical French cleat bracket, is there an elegant/easy way to quickly hang a 2.35 screen without having to remove my other screen? Does anyone else do something like this?
I love my current 16:9 screen and don't want to trash it, that's why I'm considering buying a new inexpensive scope screen.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Well, you could get a pull down 2.35 screen. and mount it in front of your 16x9 screen.. when you want 2.35, just pull it down.
You could just use the existing screen and make masking out of some frames to mask out the 16x9 to a 2.35 format.
You could install the 16x9 or the 2.35 on a piano hinge and lift it up out of the way to access the other screen..

I saw a dedicated theater have something similar to this.. i'll see if I can find it and edit the post.
Reactions: 1
Well, you could get a pull down 2.35 screen. and mount it in front of your 16x9 screen.. when you want 2.35, just pull it down.
You could just use the existing screen and make masking out of some frames to mask out the 16x9 to a 2.35 format.
You could install the 16x9 or the 2.35 on a piano hinge and lift it up out of the way to access the other screen..

I saw a dedicated theater have something similar to this.. i'll see if I can find it and edit the post.
Thank you for the creative ideas. Regarding your second idea, are you suggesting I make two 'screen' frames that I would mount to the sides of my 16:9 frame? that's an interesting thought. When projecting my image, I wonder if I'd see the lines where the screens meet?
Thank you for the creative ideas. Regarding your second idea, are you suggesting I make two 'screen' frames that I would mount to the sides of my 16:9 frame? that's an interesting thought. When projecting my image, I wonder if I'd see the lines where the screens meet?

Right, like a large frame covered in black velvet, or some type of acoustically transparent material, and make it wider than your 16x9 screen, to allow for some sort of attachment, say magnets or velcro to a frame outside of your existing screen. or if your screen has magnetism to it, the frames could just attach to your existing frame with magnets...
Reactions: 1
I currently have a 16:9 screen since 80% of what I watch fits that ratio.

I wouldn't mind also having a spare 2.35 screen for the 20% of the time I watch movies shot in scope. My 16:9 is hung by a typical French cleat bracket, is there an elegant/easy way to quickly hang a 2.35 screen without having to remove my other screen? Does anyone else do something like this?

I love my current 16:9 screen and don't want to trash it, that's why I'm considering buying a new inexpensive scope screen.

Take a look at this thread https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-screens/2847610-16-9-2-35-1-why-not-one-each.html

Maybe message @CraigPeer for more pics of his setup as it looks like they may not be showing up. I believe he has two retractable screens if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.