AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a current DTV (sat) subscriber, but I'm ready to make the move to Dish Network.. now checking out the Dishusa site it looks like I need 2 seperate dishes for standard digital and HDTV digital broadcast's?

Although HDTV is not available OTA in my area yet, do the OTA 8VSB modules work well? or should I consider a HDTV tuner card for my HTPC...

·
Registered
655 Posts
HDTV is carried by DISH Network on the 148W and 61.5W satellite positions. Main programming are at the 110W and 119W locations. So yes, you will need a second DISH to get HDTV.

You will need a DISH 500 for the 110W and 119W positions and a DISH 300 for the 61.5W position assuming you are in New York.

I'm not sure how much good an HDTV 8VSB tuner card would do for your HTPC if you're unable to receive HDTV via OTA at the moment.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
The 8VSB tuner works great. I have one with the my Dish 6000. A person on this forum did some tests 18 months ago and it tested the best vs several other digital OTA receivers. There are other that are better now but it is still a good one. The advantage of the 8VSB card with the Dish 6000 is that it will provide seenless OTA/satellite tuning reducing your channel switching hastles.

Rick R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.