AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
About the best you can do is have one under the set and one over with the subs on floor on each side or a front back set up. I am assuming that you have a wireless sub now with your soundbar and if not that would make a nice upgrade to get one of the same make with a sub. I would think that for a little bit more you can get a whole set up with an AVR and speakers from accessories4less.com and have a 5.1.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Depending on how you have it connected, it can be done. You can just split the audio signal. If you currently have it connected via optical, you can split the output from the source to connect it to both soundbars. I have never tried this but it should work. Any chance that you could just move this soundbar to another room and get one of the newer Vizio or Phillips soundbars with rear speakers?

If I was going to connect 2 soundbars, I would just get a decent 5.1 system instead.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Depending on how you have it connected, it can be done. You can just split the audio signal. If you currently have it connected via optical, you can split the output from the source to connect it to both soundbars. I have never tried this but it should work. Any chance that you could just move this soundbar to another room and get one of the newer Vizio or Phillips soundbars with rear speakers?

If I was going to connect 2 soundbars, I would just get a decent 5.1 system instead.
wouldnt a two 5.1 soundbars make it a 10.2??? if it works

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Even if you work out the ports/cabling I doubt it would sound acceptable as every soundbar has different latency built in (often the latency even varies based on the port being used). You would very likely get a noticeable echo/sync-issues when both soundbars play.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hooked up sb3651 e6 with an 513651 ns sub wont pair with different soundbar but if u hook both up one to arc other to optical and use the soundbars to select the inputs it works. now how much better does it sound or worse im trying to decipher, oh and i have to set the eq mode to movie to all 10 speakers and both subs to output audio.

·
Registered
116 Posts
hooked up sb3651 e6 with an 513651 ns sub wont pair with different soundbar but if u hook both up one to arc other to optical and use the soundbars to select the inputs it works. now how much better does it sound or worse im trying to decipher, oh and i have to set the eq mode to movie to all 10 speakers and both subs to output audio.
not sure about speaker placements either cause i dont even know what to call two 5.1 systems is it a 10.2 i dont know?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.