AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an audio system for my bedroom (mid-size). My main goal is to get a decent surround sound system for watching movies and playing video games without the back speakers and I don't need a DVD player. I was looking at the Bose 3-2-1 system but it's out of my price range. Thanks for any suggestion.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
You can easily do this by picking up an Onkyo or Yamaha receiver, two bookshelf speakers (Polk, Athena, Yamaha, etc) and a powered subwoofer. I just did this about a week ago for under $350 (Onkyo TXSR304S, Polk M10 speakers, Sony 100 watt powered subwoofer). I started with a Bose Cinemate and took it back. This setup above blows the Bose away..

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I thought Denon had one that was 2.1, but I can't seem to find it now.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
With a $500 budget I'd go with just a basic receiver like the Onkyo 304 @ $119 shipped, bic H-100 sub $200 and a pair of quality bookshef speakers like Athena B1.2 $119 a pair, total $438 and you might even be able to find the matching C1 or C1.2 center on ebay and still be under your budget.

This will give you a far better system than packaged while still being under your budget an also the ability to go surround later if you choose with the same setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.