AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This not a which is better post. Just an opinion on the one you would prefer for strictly HT use. I' ve researched both and wanted some other peoples thoughts, it will be added to my existing Paradigm monitor 7- mains,CC-370, mini monitor surround setup.

HSU VTF-2 or the newer SVS 25-31 PCi

thx in advance

·
Registered
276 Posts
Will,

Welcome to AVS.

Both subs are good--you'd probably be pleased with either.

The Hsu will save you a few pennies, but my choice (of the two you listed) would be the 25-31 PCi.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Kinda weird why all ur other speakers are Paradigm and the PW2200 or Servo 15 is not on ur list of choices. But hey! Who am I to say:D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yosh70- paradigm was on my original list as were many others.

These were the two subs I narrowed it down to for the best price/performance ratio at the 500 - 600 range, IMO.

Mike- thx, and dbl thx for answering my question.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Rizz says:

"I know you didn't ask for it, but I'd say a VMPS sub...Original or Larger."

I think Will is looking for a powered sub. Does VMPS now make a powered sub?

·
Banned
806 Posts
You only want a powered sub?

Also take a look at the Adire Audio Dharman. It is $599 direct from Adire Audio. www.adireaudio.com

The Hsu VTF series has max output (for movies) and max extension (for music) modes. From what I have heard, it seems that all the Hsu's (VTF series and TN series) are very capable performers with music and movies.

·
Registered
488 Posts
go with the vtf-2, if you can't afford the vtf-3. :)

the hsu subs are an outstanding deal for the cash spent!!!

-b

·
Registered
15 Posts
Will,

Audition both subs at the your comfort for three weeks. Ditch the one that sounds bad. You'd lose around $40 (if you ditch hsu), and maybe around $60 if you do svs. Then write your experience here :D

Naaa ..just kiddin..but really, these two subs have been highly recommended.

Personally, I'll give hsu a tad nod for lower price and size and shape. The extra money (around $100) should come in handy for other things.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I am going the powered sub route, for a few reasons, the only way I can integrate an unpowered sub at this point is with my old HK avr-40, or buying a PE plate amp, and this is my last upgrade for awhile or so I tell the SO, it is just easier to do one purchase.

Just when I was leaning towards the svs due to its reputation on the HTF board, my thread pops back up today and starts to confirm my original interest in the vtf-2 as a very good sub at a great price.

Bob23- The dharman would be at the top of my list but my 600 ceiling includes shipping cost as well. gotta draw the line somewhere.

Thx for all the replies

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.