AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering what most think about this. I have 2 Logan motion 12s and 4 Logan 10s motion series as well as a motion c for center channel.

I have not been happy with the motion c so was thing about laying 2 motion 10 sideways with the tops of the towers facing each other and trying that as my center? I know it's not in a perfect world but have 2 of them laying around and was just wondering.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I would use only one of them, not both... and I wouldn't lay it down. Best possible scenario is to have 3 identical speakers, all vertical, behind an AT screen. Anyway, you can have that speaker standing up instead?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiday121  /t/1471114/2-towers-as-a-center-channel#post_23273814

Was wondering what most think about this. I have 2 Logan motion 12s and 4 Logan 10s motion series as well as a motion c for center channel.

I have not been happy with the motion c so was thing about laying 2 motion 10 sideways with the tops of the towers facing each other and trying that as my center? I know it's not in a perfect world but have 2 of them laying around and was just wondering.

If there were only one loudspeaker in the world that I would recommend against laying on its side, it would be the Motion 10. That stack of woofers was made to be vertical. That long skinny cabinet was made to be vertical. That tweeter was made to be vertical.

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MLMO10&gclid=CKvOkpjw-bYCFQqi4AodkjUAYg

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that figures. I think I might just buy a expensive center channel and see how it sounds first. I'm not happy with my motion c at all.

It's below my screen in which may be causing my problem. Maybe moving it closer to me on a stand might help

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Do you have your center mounted on the wall??? If you do yes put it on a stand and pull it out about a foot from the wall and also angle it up so the tweeter is aimed at seated ear level.

If you go buy a different CC from a different company you won't be happy either. All front 3 speakers need to match to have a good front sound stage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts