AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my builders wants 2 tv's side by side with a different ball game on each one. HTPC with a media extender on the other one or what? The setup will be using Direct tv. He also wants a drop down screen and a projector in the same room. I just love the people that have that kind of money to spend.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump Come on guys i have to look professional toss a dog a bone

·
Registered
547 Posts
Little more info would be nice on what else the customer wants... If all he wants is 2 tvs that display more than one channel, could just install 2 directtv boxes with a learning remote that controls both (unless there would be an issue with 2 boxes having the same ir codes)... Same with the projector...

You could have 2 HTPCs with TV tuners but if they want HDTV there could be limitations that a customer would not understand or go for.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There lies my dilemma matching tv is ok they both turn on they both turn off. Now how to get each one displaying a different satellite channel with a remote control. somewhere you have to have 2 different pieces of equipment. Bringing it to an HTPC and a media extender or xbox360 etc.. also will a satellite card for the pc have HDTV which i think not. Do they even have a satellite card per say or get one standard satellite box and one sat/dvr and hope the codes are different. The projector will be completely separate so shouldn't be a problem. It will run movies from the media server.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.