AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unless I disable my Geforce, the PCI readeon wont function. Or so it seems. I guess my question is how do you make One User in XP use the AGP video, while the other user uses the PCI.

Now Im confusing myself.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can confirm that multiple monitors does work reasonably well under Windows XP.

You may need to switch the main monitor when you want to change between playing games and watching DVDs. I think OpenGL is only supported on the main monitor under Windows XP (I'm not certain, though -- I don't regularly play OpenGL games). And my Radeon VE doesn't like to show DVDs on a secondary screen.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyones help. I still dont have any info as to how to make this work. So far, the "Radeon" setup freezes or gives me no start menu or some other such problem.

Is there a correct way to set this up? Specifics would help. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I couldn't get three monitors to run off of two cards (one dual head), but otherwise didn't have too much trouble with multimonitor configuration. Then again, I haven't tried with an NVidia card, and this sort of thing does depend on the capabilities of the drivers.

For my setup (two old Matrox Millenium PCI cards and a Radeon VE AGP card), I put in the cards, opened the Displays panel (or whatever it's called -- the one which lets you choose monitor resolutions and such), clicked on the greyed out monitors, and enabled "extend desktop to this monitor". (I'm doing this from memory, so the option names are likely a little different than that.)

The best forum I've seen for Windows multimonitor questions is at
http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon...?forum=1&tmpl=

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.