AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to pull the trigger on the LN55B650 when I saw today that the LN52B750 was on sale for the same price (amazon). Comparing the two on samsungs website the only difference that concerns me is the 2ms on the 750 vs the 4ms lag on the 650. The screen will be about 11 - 12' away from the couch and it will be used mainly with an HTPC (gaming, movies, etc).

Ive read many threads on the comparison of the two screens, ie: is the 3" worth the 120hz vs the 240hz, possibly some blueish blacks on the 650... but no one addressed the 2 vs 4ms.

Playing CounterStrike, or other FPS (Crysis) games, will I ever notice a difference with the lag? Im not a picky guy, and well, bigger is better, so Im leaning towards the 650 because of the 3" bigger screen.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Red

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Well, there are blueish blacks on the 750, too, I can tell you that, depending on the angle to the TV. I'd probably just get the size that works best for you. I don't personally like the design of the 650, which was the major reason I opted for the 750, not the specs! They're both great TVs, to be sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WilliamG, thanks for the reply! Good to know that the 750 isnt perfect on the blacks either. I dont mind the "leno" chin on the the 650, im not really picky and the 3" is a nice jump up.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
I initially bought a B650 and noticed the blue-ish blacks as well. More specifically when off axis just slightly. So after the C-Net reviews I went out and picked up a B750. Was it better? Maybe VERY slightly. Once you move off axis in the least amount it was no better than the B650. And the B750 DID NOT have deeper black levels. It just looked like the B750 had a black enhanced on by default by crushing details over the B650. My B650 does't have clouding or flashlights so maybe I just got lucky (although in bright colors I can see banding
).

I don't see the B750 on sale at Amazon? It's $400-$500 more than the B650. Outside of the better design and features (the features did nothing for me) I just didn't see this model as being 'superior'. Better? Maybe, but not by much. Unless I either A) got a great B650 (with banding) or I had a bummer B750. I guess I'll never know. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts