AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think? I have heard that the HSU subs are great, but 1 VTF-2 may not be enough. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

cryppie

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
How big is your room? I have one VTF-2 and it rocks my house. I really couldn't imagine what 2 VTF-2s or 2 VTF-3s would do! I think I might somehow ruin my foundation. :)

BTW, welcome to AVS Forums! :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks lax. I've actually been around the forum for some time now, but have always found my answers by reading other posts. The room it is going in is 25X22. I was thinking of going with one of each, the VTF-2 for the "punch", and the VTF-3 for the lows.

cryppie

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
2 VTF-2 will not bring you lower extension that a single VTF-3 will. That is a decent sized room. Maybe 1 VTF-3 would do. It has the punch capability when you set the sub in Max Output mode.

·
Banned
806 Posts
One VTF-3 would probably be a better choice than two VTF-2's. The VTF-3 is a newer model, seems to look nicer, has noticeably lower extension, and you will probably only need one VTF-3 relative to the VTF-2.

·
Registered
126 Posts
cryppie,

re multiple vtf subs, do a search in this forum for "vtf-3", and you'll find some opinions i posted on this subject recently.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
That is one big room! I would go for at least one VTF-3. If you are interested and have not already seen the support thread for HSU I would highly suggest going over and seeing it (it is in the Audio and Hi-Fi forum). Sean (I think) was running two VTF-3 and he really liked it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input. After reading this and the other recommended posts, I've decided to go with 1 VTF-3, and add another if needed.

cryppie

p.s. Great forum!

·
Registered
860 Posts
One better quality sub is *always* superior to 2 inferior subs. The extra sub doesn't buy you lower extension or more accurate sound. But a better calibre sub will. In your large room, you can still probably get buy with the 1 VTF-3, though it depends on your listening habits. If you like to listen near reference levels - blow the foundations out - then in that room I would get 2 vtf-3's. Otherwise, get one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.