AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most action starts from the bottom working up in that lower priced value products see the most action with the scale falling off as we get into the higher priced product.

Ill start:

Sim2 will have the new 5000 and a higher end 3 chip. Already a thread on the Barco being shown. DP will show its 3D ready model. Reminder: there's no 3D format yet. The Christie and PD have proven disappointments I wonder if they will be on display, does anyone care!

There will be a 8k Laser showing 4k content scaled to 8k and 2k 3D scaled to 4k each eye. Your high end home system will look like it was manufactured by "Mattel" after watching this one.

Meridian will probably have their JVC OEM 4k again at the show but we are hoping Sony will finally unveil theirs with built in scaler with several other welcomed features at 1/4th the price.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Many exhibitors will be showing off site to save money. Fortunately there are several hotels close by where they will be. attence is expected to be about 40% down from 2 years ago with show floor space and number of exibitors down significantly.

BTW. Its 3 weeks till, not two.

Dennis. I`ll be flying down in a 2 engine prop plane, six seater carrying five. Flying out of Leesburg, Va. Should be about 5 hours engine time RT.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelotlink /forum/post/17032250

Most action starts from the bottom working up in that lower priced value products see the most action with the scale falling off as we get into the higher priced product.

Ill start:

Sim2 will have the new 5000 and a higher end 3 chip. Already a thread on the Barco being shown. DP will show its 3D ready model. Reminder: there's no 3D format yet. The Christie and PD have proven disappointments I wonder if they will be on display, does anyone care!

There will be a 8k Laser showing 4k content scaled to 8k and 2k 3D scaled to 4k each eye. Your high end home system will look like it was manufactured by "Mattel" after watching this one.

Meridian will probably have their JVC OEM 4k again at the show but we are hoping Sony will finally unveil theirs with built in scaler with several other welcomed features at 1/4th the price.

What new Sim2 5000, and what higher end 3 chip DLP?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG /forum/post/17033660

What new Sim2 5000, and what higher end 3 chip DLP?

Not sure it will be shown at Cedia, but the latest Sim2 5000 iteration (will not be called that) is more like the Pro5DL than the 5K. Supposed to be dual lamp and msrp at $100K. Not sure what they are doing to improve contrast, assuming they are on the dual lamp version, but it will not be the dynamic black found in the Lumis as that requires the Alphapath light engine. Doesn't work with the Delta engine in the 5K.

Jim

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw /forum/post/17034422

Not sure it will be shown at Cedia, but the latest Sim2 5000 iteration (will not be called that) is more like the Pro5DL than the 5K. Supposed to be dual lamp and msrp at $100K. Not sure what they are doing to improve contrast, assuming they are on the dual lamp version, but it will not be the dynamic black found in the Lumis as that requires the Alphapath light engine. Doesn't work with the Delta engine in the 5K.

Jim

Hmmm, makes the Titan 3D 1080P Dual look like a steal

·
Registered
19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/17033404

Many exhibitors will be showing off site to save money. Fortunately there are several hotels close by where they will be. attence is expected to be about 40% down from 2 years ago with show floor space and number of exibitors down significantly.

Yup, the combo of the economy and being the shows first year at a new location will hurt a little.

I was told Cedia got wise to off site locations. This year if you want to be listed with Cedia you must pay the going fee as if you had a booth even if you are off site.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/17033404

Dennis. I`ll be flying down in a 2 engine prop plane, six seater carrying five. Flying out of Leesburg, Va. Should be about 5 hours engine time RT.

What type and where are you parking in Atlanta?

When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy a Cessna Mustang, a P51 D model Mustang, and a Ford Mustang. I'm going to park them all in a hanger and call it the Mustang Ranch.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 /forum/post/17034488

I think this name will become much more well known over the next 12 months or so. They are well worth a listen if you get the chance.

They will be at the Westin. I can't speak to what we're doing with them; but, it will be a big surprise.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I was flying into a satellite airport. I said was because now it is unlikely that I will be attending. Very suddenly and urgently I am scheduled for exploratory heart surgery on Monday with the likely outcome because I am diabetic of having to have bypass surgery on Tuesday instead of multiple stints. I guess it all depends on what they find on Monday first. But if its bypass on Tuesday I will not be in any condition to go to Atlanta in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlgLaw /forum/post/17034422

$100k for an HT5000 variant, I assume it must has some serious performance increase.

Realistically, I would be expecting it to have a slot that says "insert penis here".

I wonder if this is the "heavy metal" version, or if that's the one Lancelot is refering to.

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/17035168

I was flyig into a satellite airport. I said was because now it is unlikely that I will be attending. Very suddenly and urgently I am scheduled for exploratory heart surgery on Monday with the likely outcome because I am diabetic of having to have bypass surgery on Tuesday instead of multiple stints. I guess it all depends on what they find on Monday first. But if its bypass on Tuesday I will not be in any condition to go to Atlanta in 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear, get well soon

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine /forum/post/17035448

$100k for an HT5000 variant, I assume it must has some serious performance increase.

Realistically, I would be expecting it to have a slot that says "insert penis here".

I wonder if this is the "heavy metal" version, or if that's the one Lancelot is refering to.

No actually what it says in the Spec sheet is bend over and grab the soap please

·
Registered
5,672 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG /forum/post/17035488

No actually what it says in the Spec sheet is bend over and grab the soap please

I defer to your experience.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.