AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Sony 12" cars subwoofers in seperate sealed boxes, I intend to build a new double box.

The room is far from ideal with a tiled floor, 10ft ceiling, one studded wall and one glass wall!

Car amplifiers are classified as 'D' class for subwoofers, but mains powered don't seem to be classified in the same way?

I am looking at the Numark dimension 4 as sold in the UK at Maplins, I am wondering what people opinions are about this setup/is the amplifier suitable/enough ?

Numark Dimension 3

The mains in this setup are Monitor Audio RS6's, Roksan Kandy MKIII Power Amplifier, Denon pre & PC lossless audio.

Alex

·
Registered
34 Posts
What is the volume of your room? Car subs are not meant for use within the home and are notoriously poor performers. You would probably do better with buying some proper home sub kit (from parts express) with a built-in amp, or building an enclosure like you intend with proper home use subwoofers. Check those options out, and perhaps post on the DIY forum before you use those car subs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.