AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have two energy cb-20s and am looking to get two energy cf-50s as fronts and use my cb-20s as rears in a surround setup. My question is, I can get two B&W ASW 610s or one SVS SB-2000 for the same price. What would be the better option for me? I was thinking the two ASW 610s would even out the sound more throughout the room but the sb-2000 would be able to give me more output at a lower frequency and would fill the room better.

Also if I had an energy ESW-C10 that I could pair with the SVS SB-2000, would that sound and fill better than the ASW 610s or would the 610s be better because they are even in driver size and output?

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
For dual subs, best to use matching subs. Otherwise, the lesser sub can hold your system back and/or decrease bass quality. If you already have it, you could always try it before getting rid of it.

Dual subs definitely have the advantage of potentially providing a smoother in-room response.

I can't find the frequency response specs for the ASW 610s. It's 10", 200 watts, right? The SB2000 does have very good response down to 20hz, which is a plus for HT usage, and I would bet that the ASW 610 does not.

The SB-2000 is a 12", 500 watt RMS sub, so it might produce more output (hard to say) than the duals. If maximum output is important for your money, you might also look into the PSA XS15 . Equally a good price/performance value as the SB-2000.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.