AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Budget is about $1100 but I could stretch if it is REALLY worth it.

My room is an ODD shaped 14x14x9 used for HT with paradigm studio 60 fronts, studio 20 rears and cc-570 center.

I would prefer cyliders or one box but would do 2 if it is much more powerfull.

Out of the 2 svs options or the one outlaw option, which is best?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
the 2 Outlaw and the 2 Svs would have the most power but I don't know which would sound be sq wise. But all things equal the Svs are cylinders. One Epik Castle or Tower could probably best all those but it's huge and not in stock

·
Registered
479 Posts
i would think one of the outlaws or svs' would do for a room that size--maybe you could call and ask if you tried one and decided you needed another in 30 days or so would they give you a deal on the second, but then you'd have two shipping fees which may be more than shipping two at the same time...

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I will cross the 2 outlaws off... I really didn't want to go that route, the space and money was a bit too much.

I would consider the ED A7 - 350 if it was much stronger but would prefer something with a small footprint...But if its much better I am a bass junkie...

All things considered I am leaning for the two pc12-nsb's but am concerned that they are very low on SVS's line.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and no on the openings.

10 feet of one wall are an odd shape with drafty old windows and on the oposing wall there is an old 6 foot sliding glass door.

To be honest even an HSU VTF3-MK3 never sounded just right but then again I have no idea how to EQ it ect and placement was VERY limited which is why I liked the idea of the cyliders but am open to box.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
You had a Hsu that would have been plenty. maybe placement?? or calibration issues.

Svs cylinder would be plenty I would think. Depends if you care alot about sq? If so get a plus. The NSD would sound fine to me but if you didn't like the Hsu I dunno?

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The HSU was my first real sub but to be honest i even liked the smallest sunfire sub I heard in a store more than it. The paradigm seismic 10 blew it away to me as well (obviously more money). I just didn't like it compared to what I heard at local stores from many different models.

My main concern is HT, music is more of a background thing for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts