AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to install an amp and some outdoor speakers for a friend. He would like 2 zones to control the music. I’m looking for an amp with 2-3 source inputs with a simple remote control. I'm biased against an AVR due to the complexity of the remote controls. I’m thinking of using the Next Gen RF Extender with whatever remote control the amp comes with. Suggestions?

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
10,866 Posts
So I have to install an amp and some outdoor speakers for a friend. He would like 2 zones to control the music. I’m looking for an amp with 2-3 source inputs with a simple remote control. I'm biased against an AVR due to the complexity of the remote controls. I’m thinking of using the Next Gen RF Extender with whatever remote control the amp comes with. Suggestions?
So you want the features of an AVR but don't want an AVR... :D

You can get a stereo receiver which will have less stuff in it, but for an outdoor zone I think an AVR with network support, so you can control it with the mobile app would be the way to go. And that would give you streaming audio sources, too, which are great for casual/party listening.

Or, any AVR or stereo receiver, with a cheap universal remote and the NextGen extender to keep the button count down - but that's a workaround - the AVRs mobile app is the correct answer.

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So you want the features of an AVR but don't want an AVR... :D

You can get a stereo receiver which will have less stuff in it, but for an outdoor zone I think an AVR with network support, so you can control it with the mobile app would be the way to go. And that would give you streaming audio sources, too, which are great for casual/party listening.

Or, any AVR or stereo receiver, with a cheap universal remote and the NextGen extender to keep the button count down - but that's a workaround - the AVRs mobile app is the correct answer.

Jeff
Jeff - sound (no pun intended) advice as usual. Thank you. Any particular AVR you like for under $400?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts