Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post

Recommendations for either the 20" Sony from sony-style or the Panasonic from Club Panasonic (free shipping either way)?

Is the Sony a better quality tube? Is the Panasonic Tau tube now made by Orion?

Randy Walters - Is it worth upgrading to a 20" JVC if I go with Panasonic?

Lastly - changing course - any inexpensive 15" to 19" LCD's close quality to the Sony or Panny CRT?

Thanks alot, John

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnxyz
Is the Panasonic Tau tube now made by Orion?
Yes, made by Orion in Thailand, unless you pick up the last year CT-20SL14 model.

·
Registered
277 Posts
what about the panasonic ct-26wx15, please is it also made by orion, or someone else beside panasonic. please let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltchan
Yes, made by Orion in Thailand, unless you pick up the last year CT-20SL14 model.
Thanks WaltChan - I think I'll go with the Sony. When I called Panasonic the rep said the SL 14 was discontinued and replaced by the SL 15.

If I could find the SL 14 I would buy it - any B&M or on-line website suggestions that would have leftover stock?

Lastly if JVC is the premium line of Matshushita (sp?) - are the JVC tubes not made by Orion?

Thanks, John

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Recommendations for either the 20" Sony from sony-style or the Panasonic from Club Panasonic (free shipping either way)?

Is the Sony a better quality tube? Is the Panasonic Tau tube now made by Orion?

Randy Walters - Is it worth upgrading to a 20" JVC if I go with Panasonic?

Lastly - changing course - any inexpensive 15" to 19" LCD's close quality to the Sony or Panny CRT?
Sony makes a great tube.

Panny apparently is now Orion. Avoid.

If i had to pick between these three brands, i'd choose a JVC. As far as i know JVC doesn't outsource their tubes.

A 20" tube TV's picture quality will be quite different than a 20" LCD TV, but i actually prefer the LCD image over the scan lines of a small analog tube TV. I recently bought a 20" Sharp LCD for a bedroom and i love it. The cheaper brands won't look as good as the Sharp.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388
what about the panasonic ct-26wx15, please is it also made by orion, or someone else beside panasonic. please let me know.
It should be made by Orion in Thailand, but I will double-check and let you know for sure once the owner's manual of the Panasonic CT-26WX15 comes out online in the Panasonic website.

Quote:
Lastly if JVC is the premium line of Matshushita (sp?) - are the JVC tubes not made by Orion?

Thanks, John
JVC is not the premium line of Matsushita, in fact, JVC designs all its own electronics. It costs about the same as Panasonic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
As far as i know JVC doesn't outsource their tubes.
Absolutely correct. All JVC tube televisions are still made and assembled by JVC.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Absolutely correct. All JVC tube televisions are still made and assembled by JVC.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

Thanks, John
JVC is not the premium line of Matsushita, in fact, JVC designs all its own electronics. It costs about the same as Panasonic.

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:

·
Banned
1,661 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by julio388
It should be made by Orion in Thailand, but I will double-check and let you know for sure once the owner's manual of the Panasonic CT-26WX15 comes out online in the Panasonic website.

Quote:
JVC is not a premium line of Matsushita, in fact, JVC designs all of its own electronics. It costs nearly the same as the Panasonic.

Quote:

·
Registered
258 Posts
The Panasonic CT-27HL15 is a great model for a moderate sized budget. It has 1080i capabilities, as well as HDMI, component, s-video, and composite connections. I recommend it to anyone who wants a great HDTV with no hassle and lots of use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.