AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dell Small Business is having a 20% off sale for Software and Accessories. This means $540 off the $2700 price for an LT-150, or $2,160.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

BH

------------------

"Hey, kids! Watch my show and I'll send you forty dollars!"

"Checks will not be honored."

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah, I just got my email from DELL for this too. I already ordered one. To all those LT150 lurkers on the fence. Take advantage of this deal, it is worth it. Don't be scared away by all the artifact posts about this projector, I have seen it with both HTPC and Progressive DVD and it looks great with both. I haven't seen these artifacts and don't plan on looking for them.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
One very interesting item are the Replacement Lamps. Dell has the LT150 lamps for $488.95, so 20% off would be $391.16. That's a good price, but they are out of stock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not aware of any coupon code. I received an e-mail with a link saying "start here" and that the discount would be applied at checkout. I tried it and it worked fine. Here's the link the email points to:
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/i...customer_id=04

BH

------------------

"Hey, kids! Watch my show and I'll send you forty dollars!"

"Checks will not be honored."

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
This happened once before. Dell targetted a few customers with direct email coupons that'll only work for these people. You'd have to call the toll-free number and beg the sales guys to give you the discount. They'd do it but you'd have to call. Keep in mind that you'll be taxed and shipping will apply which will raise the price up towards the $2350 of other sites without tax and free shipping. Granted Dell's "more reliable" but it's also a lot more disorganized. Heck Dell had a Sony VPL-CS3 (SVGA LCD 700 lumens) priced at $8400 whereas it can be had at many places for $1700. If you do get one make sure you get the extra bulb(s) as $400 is a great price.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
774 Posts
Whether tax is charged should depend on what state you live in. In Oklahoma, I've never paid tax on anything I've bought from Dell. There are a handful of states where Dell does apply tax.

-- Greg

·
Registered
285 Posts
there is actually an lt150, lt154, and lt155. I guess the lt150 is worse than the others because it has less lumens.... 800, 900, 1200 respectivley. Is this the case?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I don't think they are related. 150 is dlp, 154 is lcd.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
On the right hand side is a menu, choose monitors and projectors. Next choose projectors. Next choose Micro portable projectors. On the second page, half way down is the LT150 - in stock.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I got an email from Dell too and I ordered one for $2160, paid $130 in tax (OH), and charged $6 for S+H for total of around $2300. $50 cheaper than the lowest sites on net but with "safer" Dell's reputation. I'd call them if you did not get an email and they'll honor the sale. Posting links did not work.

------------------

Huey ;-]

[This message has been edited by Huey (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
bishophicks & Huey,

Could you please forward me the Dell email.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It won't work as these email has to work with cookies on your computer as when I used it it said welcome, Huey as if they recognized me. I tried to save the email on a floppy and took it to another computer and it did not work there. It also does not work once I used it. Message come up saying that this coupon has been used already. All you guys/girls have to do is to call the toll-free number and speak to a live person, they'll give you the discount. Just tell them that you have a business: XYZ, inc. and your coupon would'nt work. They know about the 20% deal. It's a good deal but not as good as you think as there are at least 3 other sites out there willing to sell LT150 for $2343 shipped. After taxes and shipping, you'd end up with around $2300. Granted Dell is better to deal with than these no name companies. So I firmly believe that they'll honor the 20% if you call them.

------------------

Huey ;-]

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
It worked for me - It probably doesn't mean a thing, but it still showed "in stock" for the LT150.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.