AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a great price. I saw the discount apply without any trouble at Pauls. I'm not familiar with that site, anyone had good or bad experiences they'd be willing to share?

I opened a support ticket with Amazon asking about matching. They have Pauls specifically listed in the sites they will match so hopefully will hear back soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered the Samsung UN75F8000 from Amazon (currently sold at $5,497.99) for $4,399.99. They matched www.paulstv.com discounted price. I had Amazon call me and walk me through the process.

Thank you for posting this deal. I have been waiting for months to order this HDTV at a good price, and this is a GREAT price.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow nice find eric3316! Thanks for posting, will hopefully get Amazon to match for the 75".

408wd1, how'd you get THAT price!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just chiming in that Amazon did honor the price match for me as well, 20% is pretty significant on top of the already competitive pricing Amazon/Paulstv had.

I had to get them on the phone and was transferred to a "large items" department where I waited on hold for a few minutes. They were initially hesitant, but overall were pretty cool about it. I just reiterated that they specifically list paulstv.com here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=201133230

And that I was staring at my cart with SAMSUNG applied at a much lower price.

Thanks again for posting the info.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
GtDiesel thanks for posting that. I was wondering how to get amazon to do the match.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilent1  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24517190

Wow nice find eric3316! Thanks for posting, will hopefully get Amazon to match for the 75".

408wd1, how'd you get THAT price!
one shop had the last one his price $4700 new i made him offer and made a deal. $3585

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Dang I must have waited too late. Samsung code no longer works😞.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sigh... I pulled it up with the discount late last night and called Amazon to price match. The "large items" department was closed so I could not talk to anyone. I have not bought from Paul's so did not go ahead and order from them. Now I see the code is dead. Nothing like missing out on a $1000 price break to get your week off to a great start! Thanks OP for the post. Glad to see at least some got in on it.

EDIT: Wow! Amazon comes through! I got a call from them late this morning letting me know they had a record of my call yesterday and they could price match Paul's, even though the promo had ended. It did take a while to jump through all of the hoops, but a new Samsung UN75F8000 will be delivered to me next week. I have been drooling over this set for months and cannnot believe I got it for $4399.99! Talk about your day turning around. Thanks again OP, I would have had no idea on what I was missing out on.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'm going to see how their customer service works out today. I had the 20% code and was purchasing, but the transaction got hung up as my card declined for a fraud warning. Once I got that cleared up I resubmitted my order and it went through fine, but w/o the discount. I immediatly got on the phone w/ them and they assured me the 20% would be credited to my card and sent me a email stating the same. So we'll see.

·
Registered
658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24522176

I agree it was a awesome deal. I wouldn't have bought a TV had it not been for this Black Friday type pricing.

Yeah, I almost bought the F8000 for 2899 at Pauls this weekend because they were offering discounts for recycling old electronics.

The sales guy said "I'm not supposed to do this but I will take $200 off"

I would have pulled the trigger too, but the wife wants to wait a week or two due to $$$ stuff...

Oh well, serves me right for not CONSTANTLY refreshing AVSFORUM 24/7!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24522117

I'm going to see how their customer service works out today. I had the 20% code and was purchasing, but the transaction got hung up as my card declined for a fraud warning. Once I got that cleared up I resubmitted my order and it went through fine, but w/o the discount. I immediatly got on the phone w/ them and they assured me the 20% would be credited to my card and sent me a email stating the same. So we'll see.

If you have the Email from them stating the lower price, they'll honor that.

On Saturday when I ordered, I had to order at their (Amazon's) higher price. I immediately receive an Email stating the lower price, which my credit card eventually was charged.

Good luck and enjoy the set!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braviagolfer09  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24522303

If you have the Email from them stating the lower price, they'll honor that.

On Saturday when I ordered, I had to order at their (Amazon's) higher price. I immediately receive an Email stating the lower price, which my credit card eventually was charged.

Good luck and enjoy the set!

I have a email stating they will credit me back 360 bucks. My credit card is charged for the original non-discounted amount. So I should see this in the next 2-3 days.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojhawks  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24522062

Sigh... I pulled it up with the discount late last night and called Amazon to price match. The "large items" department was closed so I could not talk to anyone. I have not bought from Paul's so did not go ahead and order from them. Now I see the code is dead. Nothing like missing out on a $1000 price break to get your week off to a great start! Thanks OP for the post. Glad to see at least some got in on it.
They ran a Samsung deal the weekend before as well. Don't lose hope yet. It is quite possible they might run another sale this weekend.

When you see deals like this, you really have to pull the trigger immediately and worry about the consequences later. lol

·
Registered
658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3316  /t/1523723/20-off-samsung-f7100-and-f8000-models-from-pauls-tv#post_24522454

They ran a Samsung deal the weekend before as well. Don't lose hope yet. It is quite possible they might run another sale this weekend.

When you see deals like this, you really have to pull the trigger immediately and worry about the consequences later. lol

By consequences you mean "THE WIFE"

Thanks, I will definitely keep my eyes open.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts