AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Totally fresh to the forums here so sorry to start right out with a question. My neighbor is thinking of getting rid of his old B&W home theater speakers and I was hoping to get some thoughts. Here are the details:

Will sell individually, with price indicated below or as a set for $700.

DM602 (pair) for left and right front (were wall mounted, so they have 4 small holes in the backs, see pictures).
CC6 front center channel
DS6 (pair) rear left and right
ASW1000 subwoofer

Will sell DM602 and CC6 together for $300. DS6 for $200 and ASW 100 for $300.​

I'm having trouble figuring out if this is a decent price for the set, or if it's even worth buying old speakers (though I know the progression of tech. isn't as rough on them). I'd really like your input as this is a pretty big expense.
I'd be keen to hear what you'd consider for an amp to power them as well, and what I might do about adding a 6th or 7th speaker down the line if the amp supports it.
Thank you in advance!
Geordie

·
Registered
839 Posts
That seems a little salty for twenty year old speakers even though they are B&W's. I'm a Polk guy myself so I don't really know much about those but that still seems like a big number. There's a lot of brand new stuff you could buy in that price range that I'm sure would sound great and that you'd be happy with. Find out his listening habits, what he powered them with, etc, before you go dumping that kinda dough.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts