AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried the FAQ's and and still confused with this hookup. I have Satellite (DTV) and cable (RF output). I get the complete guide but when choosing a cable satation, I get a 'no signal' message.

I am only using ONE set of outputs to the TV. How does the 2000 series know what is cable and what is satellite. The satellite portion works perfectly. Do I need to take output 2 and connect it to another TV input?

Problem #2

Also the cable box is PACE and I'm having trouble finding out what model to choose from the setup selection in setup for channel switching. This 2nd question has nothing to do with problem 1.

Thanks for your patience.

Don

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
A little more information may help with this setup:

1) What stations are you using DTV for? (local, premium, ect.)

2) What stations are you using the cable for?

Here's some info that may help:

You don't need to cable box if all your getting is analog stations. The Replay has a built in tuner that should work just fine. Even if your not, try hooking the cable from the wall to the RTV to see if you get some stations. You may want to just eliminate that cable box altogether.

The RTV knows what input to use during setup. You tell it where to get the inputs and what output to use. You can use 2 inputs (or more) and still have 1 output to the TV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply

I have a premium subscription with Direc TV. Going to input 1 on the replay from the DTV receiver.

Have a minimum subscription with Comcast cable. Not using a cable box and feeding the antenna input on replay.

Using output one on replay to the TV

Thanks, Don

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
So your basically saying the cable portion doesn't work?

If you take the cable going from the wall to the RTV and go directly into the TV instead, do you see anything?

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Or even remove the setup for input 1 and just try cable by itself.

Your directv setup have locals as part of the package? On the later boxes (and maybe the earlier ones too) channels are remapped to remove conflicts. For example cable 2, 4, 5, and such would conflict with my directv locals on 2, 4, 5 so the cable channels are remapped to 1002, 1004, 1005. Now.. I don't have a 2k box, so I can't comment on the 2k software.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, It's working sort of...The channels are not correct for cable. I cleared the replay channel lineup and then told the replay the only connection is cable. I've tried all of Comcasts options (digital, analog etc.)

The lineup is just not correct so I have emailed zap2it and we'll see what happens.

Thanks for your replies...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.