Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've been lurking on this forum for several months now, and the hype around the LT150 has really caught my attention. But since I live in the EU and the prices here aren't "right" (the unit still costs around 4000$) I still haven't made any purchase.

I have however in my search for the ultimate LT 150 deal come across a couple of dealers here in the EU who claim they have LT150 lamps that last 2000h. My first reaction was of course that this must be a misprint of some kind, but now I've seen this 2000h lamp for sale in a couple of places. The price is around 570€ (500$).

Could someone confirm that there is/isn't such a thing as a 2000h LT150 lamp?

[This message has been edited by Patrick J (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, don't know. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/frown.gif

I will however try to contact some of the dealers to see if this is true or not, I'll post the results as soon as possible.

/Patrick

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If you find a dealer could you let me know - since I'm really in your neighborhood/backyard ^_^

------------------

/frode

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, this is the reply I got from Diskontcomputer.com (an Austrian dealer):

"Dear Patrick,

It's correct. The projector lamp LT150 is a 2000h lamp. For this information we asked the NEC headquater."

So I guess this is GOOD news if this is correct (I still have some doubts since one of the dealers I contacted told me that the info on their site was incorrect and it indeed was a 1000h lamp)

Frode and everyone else who is interested, check out this "Euro pricescan" page:
http://www.geizhals.at/eu/?such=lt150

You'll find some links to dealers who claim they sell 2000h lamps.

I'll contact the Swedish NEC HQ tomorrow and ask them if they anything about these 2000h lamps.

Frode, if possible, could you please call your Norweigian HQ and ask them the same thing?

//Patrick J.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I don't know why this made me giggle so.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The common part number that keeps coming up is 50020065 with part description LT150LP

The NEC web site list the replacement lamp for the LT150 as the LT50LP which is slightly different then the part description listed above.

When searching on Google the LT50LP part yields mostly US based retailers, but when searching for LT150LP there are mostly German and French retailers listed. Are these two different bulbs? I don't know....

The NEC FTP site has a list of materials that appear to be replacement parts for various products.
ftp://ftp.nectech.com/CssMaterial/

If you download the file named. CSS-vsd.all and search for LT150 you'll see a lot of parts listed. One of the columns looks like a price.

It also seems that the various projectors are given different prices based on the level of warranty coverage. For instance,

LT150 (Not sure what coverage) $3675.00

LT150-Instacare $5516.00

LT150-Refurb $2200.0000

LT150Z (Not sure what coverage) $4534.0000

The bulb for the LT150 (LT50LP) price is $425

The bulb for the LT150Z (TL51LP)price is $810

The deluxe leather case being given away is $300

There are lots of other prices that seem to indicate the manufactures suggested price for various products and replacement parts.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I called Nec Sweden (Norway didn't know) and they told me that the lamp with part number 50020065 is just the 1000h lamp and that nothing has changed with regards to lamp hours.

When I check the sites listed that has this 2000h lamp they only list the 2000h - not the 1000h at all, and the price is the same as the 1000h. Sounds to me like someone at Nec austria/germany made a mistake when quoting lamp hours. If they changed the ID on the lamp so it would report 2000h to the projector they would have had to change the part number too in order not to get confused/mixed up. I can't recommend anyone buy this bulb as they're probably just getting the standard 1000h one.

Oh well.. it was nice dreaming for a couple of hours at least.

------------------

/frode

[This message has been edited by Frode (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Check out the lamp price on the LT150Z! And I thought it was outrageous at its current price.

If this price list is correct, there has been a price drop in the LT150 lamp , at $425 MSRP. It was $475 for a recent power buy through AVS, so it looks like these lamps should eventually street for under $400.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.