AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2000HD box for a while now, being one of the first in the Orlando area to get one. I have it connected to my Phillips 9905 using 3 wire component. Now and then a few dropouts would occur, no big deal, just HD growing pains , right? I always blamed it on Showtime or HBO. But a while back it got so bad that I called TWC to have the box replaced. When removing the old 2000HD box from its place on the top shelf of my equipment cabinet, I noticed that the box was extremely hot. Instead of putting the new box back in the same poorly ventilated space, I left it out on the top of the cabinet. Since then, I haven't noticed any dropouts, at least not the total black, one or two second ones. Before the switch I also had trouble with reception of standard def digital channels. This has cleared up also.

This may be just a case of a defective box or it could be the old box was getting too hot from lack of ventilation. The new box gets hot also, even sitting out in the open. The heat seems to be concentrated at the underside of the box. It may be that these boxes should have taller feet, to elevate them slightly for better cooling. This is all just pure speculation, but if this helps anyone with dropouts, please reply.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had this happen before, for some reason the line to my house went bad after awhile, and they replaced it. Anytime you have a borderline signal, you'll get more dropouts. If it drops out completely, you have to unplug the unit for a few and turn it back on again - it seems to have some kind of weird bug related to this.

I've also seen them go bad with the 'br07' error on the front box. My last one did that after 3 months and just got my replacement.

Btw I don't care for this box - no VOD functionality works right on it, and the 'locking in' on 4x3 material so I can't change my aspect ratio sucks. Sure wish it had a firewire out port or something on it too :)

Any why can't it convert analog channel audio to the DD out port? having 2 audio hookups is just annoying.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Patrick, thanks for the tip. I have been having video dropouts since I received the box. Signal strength shows as 5db. I will try elevating it above the glass it sits on and see if that helps.

Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.