AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been linked to yet, at least not in the rptv forum...i myself am pretty excited about this. BUT I NEED PHOTOS!!!

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/press3.html

sounds like there's a flavor for everyone!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:
WD-65100 65" DLP based HD-Upgradeable Projection TV. $17,500.00
We should start a pool on how quickly this price will drop when its sitting next to the 50" Samsung with the same exact features and a $13K lower price tag :D

I'm in for 2 months :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone have any idea how well the mits DLP units track greyscale and hold black level? What about the "rainbow" effect that some dlp front projection units have?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sublime

We should start a pool on how quickly this price will drop when its sitting next to the 50" Samsung with the same exact features and a $13K lower price tag :D

I'm in for 2 months :)
yeah, or the 57" Toshiba D-ILA set, the 57HLX82 LCoS Cinema Series TV, scheduled for release in the fourth quarter. supposedly this model will feature a three-chip LCOS engine capable of 1920 x 1080, providing the first fixed- panel display with 1080P native resolution....all for $5000.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
It is total myth that Toshiba is going to release the set for $5K. They have suggested it will be

·
Registered
157 Posts
i think an interesting question here is if Mits is even using the newer TI HD2 DLP chip in this unit. Noting from their marketing states that it does in marked contrast to samsung's marketing materials. That would clearly impact the contrast and blacks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.