AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please place all related comments here, and don't forget to mention your source and provider! Cities, station call letters, DBS, cableco, etc.

Tonight's FOX NCLS HDTV game:

8pm ET

Houston Astros @ St. Louis Cardinals

· Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by icemannyr
HOU at STL on FSN NY SD 4:3 from Cablevision.

Can't get FSN NY HD via my HD PC tuner card so I don't know if it's in HD.
Please confine comments in this topic to those who can get the game in HD.

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by minivette
Looks like I may get both games HD here in Austin on TWC. :) I'll post back when I'm sure.

Yep, both games in HD here. Allsome! :D
From where?

· Registered
145 Posts
I reported this in the AL Game 1 thread but got no response.

Someone posted a screen shot of the HD feed they were getting and complained that the score bar was too low. Mine is flush with the top. How come? Getting signal OTA in Houston.

The other thing is that I'm getting these rectangles appearing in the middle of the screen every 3 or so secs and lasting about .5 sec.

Here's a screen shot. Anybody else getting this? (Note: I took this screenshot with a digital camera)

· Registered
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave99ag
Houston vs. St. Louis - KRIV 26-1 via OTA

Boston vs. New York - D* 88

Both looking good.
Dave99ag,

you getting these annoying rectangular flashes from the KRIV feed? I am. See post above with screen shot

· Registered
238 Posts
Picture looks good (no flashes) in Louisville KY (WDRB) Sound seems a little off tonight vs last night. I had to increase my center volume to hear announcers, and crowd noise seems to be circling around me. Don't remember these problems last night.

Here are some screen shots:
http://www.louisvillehdtv.com/foxbaseball.aspx

· Registered
839 Posts
In DFW I can get both games but I don't know of a second HD source for Fox. The Yankee-Red Sox game is HD OTA on the Fox local and it looks great and has DD 5.1. However the Card/Astro game is SD on FSN which are all SD and a very poor ProLogic.

Where else would someone get the second game in HD?

· Registered
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
From where?
Here in Austin on TWC we have a Fox Sports Net HD channel (ch 1604). It usually carries HD games for the Astros, Rangers and Spurs (when available). This is the same channel that had the All Star game on in HD.

So, we have the Astros vs Cardinals on our regular Fox station in HD on (ch 1501) and Yankees vs Red Sox in HD on (ch 1604).

:)

· Registered
860 Posts
There's only certain markets getting the Houston game on Fox. Dallas is not one of them. About the only way you'll get this game is to move down to Houston.

The only reason I'm getting the Boston vs. Yankees game is because the Houston Fox station is O&O and thus get 88 on D*.

· Premium Member
1,937 Posts
TWC orange county,CA also has both games. the Houston/StL game on the seldom used FoxSportsNet/Dodgers channel ch. 1105,and of course yanks/sox on the regular Fox west feed ch-1111.

"WHO'S YOUR DADDYYYYYYY?"

:)

· Registered
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave99ag
There's only certain markets getting the Houston game on Fox. Dallas is not one of them. About the only way you'll get this game is to move down to Houston.

The only reason I'm getting the Boston vs. Yankees game is because the Houston Fox station is O&O and thus get 88 on D*.
Hmmm. I understand your point. The usual DFW FSN channels on D* (643 and 644) are blacked out for DFW area viewers. HOWEVER all the other FSN channels (623, 624, 626, 628, 629, 630, 634, 636, etc etc) are all showing the Card/Astro game.

Go figure.

· Registered
45,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the locations getting the NLCS in HD on FOX tonight:

Astros at Cardinals, 8 p.m. ET

Coverage on FOX: Austin, Chicago, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Louisville, Memphis, New Orleans, Oklahoma City, San Antonio, St. Louis, Tulsa

But, as I suspected yesterday, in at least some FSN locations where they are HD capable, HD is available.

· Registered
112 Posts
WRSP-DT in the Champaign-Decatur-Springfield Illinois market is also carrying the NLCS game.

· Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Robmeister
I reported this in the AL Game 1 thread but got no response.

Someone posted a screen shot of the HD feed they were getting and complained that the score bar was too low. Mine is flush with the top. How come? Getting signal OTA in Houston.

The other thing is that I'm getting these rectangles appearing in the middle of the screen every 3 or so secs and lasting about .5 sec.

Here's a screen shot. Anybody else getting this? (Note: I took this screenshot with a digital camera)
Overscan explains the location of the bar. Your set is cutting off picture on all sides.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.