AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please place all related comments here, and don't forget to mention your source and provider! Cities, station call letters, DBS, cableco, etc.

Today's FOX NCLS game in HDTV & DD 5.1:

4pm ET

Houston Astros @ St. Louis Cardinals

Astros lead series 3-2.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the late open.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Lots of edge enhancement; players are surrounded by a black halo. Seeing compression artifacts in the field and crowd. Detail does not look great.

Good game so far though.

Edit: The amount of EE is very different on different cameras.

·
Registered
6,329 Posts
I'm seeing some edge enhancement on the long shots. Overall good pq off of Adelphia in Cleveland area.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm watching via BEV on both FOX Boston and Sportsnet Canada and am not seeing this halo. I'm using a BEV 6000 receiver connected to a SAMPO 34" HDTV running at 720p native. What does Sportsnet send out 1080i or 720p?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Terrible contrast and brightness, and to make it worse it is different on each camera, some too bright, some too dark

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icemannyr
WNYW-DT Cablevision. Some of the player camera shots when they are in darker lighting don't look that good and also on the main pitcher batter camera the grass looks soft but the overall PQ is ok.
http://img56.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img56&image=snapshot0000.jpg http://img56.exs.cx/img56/1734/snapshot0000.th.jpg
What does the 443 Kb equal out to rated at mps? I'm much more used to seeing and understanding something like 13mps or 19.2mps.

Oh wait, I get it, it's the size of the picture. If possable, I would like to know what the rate of this signal is in terms of mps.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
443kb is just the size of the still JPEG image. Doesn't tell you anything about the bitrate of the broadcast.

You can see the black outlines (EE) on these images as well. Look at the St. Louis uniforms. There's a black border around them.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jckessler
443kb is just the size of the still JPEG image. Doesn't tell you anything about the bitrate of the broadcast.

You can see the black outlines (EE) on these images as well. Look at the St. Louis uniforms. There's a black border around them.
I don't understand why they would use EE on HD games or anything else HD or DVD for that matter. All it does is mess up the nice pretty picture!

In fact I'm going to change my signiture to include no EE!!!!!

·
Registered
45,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Another game 7.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Anyone know where the ALCS Game 7 thread is? :) Is Ken H MIA?

Edit: Whoops, there he is!

·
Registered
948 Posts
It seemed to me that at least one camera hadn't had the white balance set (at least my buddy that worked in TV that was watching the game with me said that is what it was). On one camera shot, usually a pitcher close-up, the Cardinals uniforms had a red cast to it. Other cameras didn't display this, and overall I was happy with the PQ.

BTW, is anybody else tired of their 'in the dirt' cam, or whatever it is????

Randy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.