AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please place all related comments here, and don't forget to mention your source and provider! Cities, station call letters, DBS, cableco, etc.

Tonight's FOX NCLS game in HDTV & DD 5.1:

8pm ET

Houston Astros @ St. Louis Cardinals

It's all tied up at 3. This is it.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's up in HD & 5.1. (Pre-game in Widescreen)

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Boy, no comments tonight! :) One data point for any Fox folks reading: The pregame and game are 100% captioned in SD and HD. (Last night there was some discussion that perhaps the pregame show wasn't CC at all.) Looking good tonight, so if anyone did anything in that area, thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is it just me, or is the "behind-the-pitcher" cam upconverted SD. Pretty crappy looking compared to the Sox/Yanks.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Good lord! Does anyone at FOX know how to correctly apply EE?? I'd prefer none, but for crying out loud the St. Louis uniforms are bright blooming white with a black halo as thick as the bat :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I was just about to post that the main camera looks SD. Compared to the camera pointed toward the outfield, there is a big difference. Either it's SD, or a bad HD cam.

Quote:
Originally posted by StrangeCock
Is it just me, or is the "behind-the-pitcher" cam upconverted SD. Pretty crappy looking compared to the Sox/Yanks.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
OTA via a Unity Motion 1000A (1080i output) to an NEC VT540 XGA anamorphic projector fitted with a Panamorph lens. It is most notable on some cameras, particularly the main shot used for every pitch from left-center. That is also the camera that manifests a shimmering effect on the grass around home plate. Some camera look much better, but they have tended to be close-ups. The camera behind home that is mounted high gives wide and deep shots that don't appear to be EE-laden, and appears to have much better resolution.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Are the "You Decide" politcal ads in HD during the NLCS tonight? Kerry's spot looked like it was filmed 24fps. Just saw it during the 3rd inning break. (Sadly watching the SD 'cast for now)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Watching on D*. That main camera has got to be the worst of the lot, although they haven't used the infamous "Diamond Cam" yet. ;)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by trekkerj
I was just about to post that the main camera looks SD. Compared to the camera pointed toward the outfield, there is a big difference. Either it's SD, or a bad HD cam.
I just put the game on and had to make sure I didn't have my input on SD cable rather that OTA HD. Very poor PQ IMO.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TVgeek5

With all this QC whining maybe Fox should go to up-converted SD or old Wide-Screen.
They're already half-way there.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TVgeek5
With all this QC whining maybe Fox should go to up-converted SD or old Wide-Screen. I'm just happy to see the game in HD.
If FOX is going to boast that they broadcasting in the highest standards (720p & DD 5.1) why shouldn't we hold them to that?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.