AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please place all related comments here, and don't forget to mention your source and provider! Cities, station call letters, DBS, cableco, etc.

Game 1 of the 2004 World Series, in HDTV & DD 5.1 on FOX:

7:30pm ET

St. Louis Cardinals @ Boston Red Sox

Notes:

This topic will open at 7:30pm ET.

Also available to select DirecTV subscribers, see this topic for details.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
So far the PQ looks good!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ugh -- anyone else have quite a few sound cutout hiccups already? The blimp noise is almost drowning out the Fox annoucers too... which actually might not be a bad thing. ;-)

-Mike

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Getting them over D* 88 also....

Ken H, is there a reason the Game 1 thread is still locked? :)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Yah ... my speakers are not appreciating those loud snaps!!!

Here is hoping the blimp runs out of fuel again ... soon!

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nuzzy
Of course McCarver was pulling for the Yankees!! He is one of their color commentators during the regular season!
Not any more, he's been gone from the Yankees TV booth for two years or more.

Before working for the Yankees he was on the NY Mets TV broadcasts.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Why do many of the Boston players use such grungy looking helmets? It looks like they're coated with pine tar and dirt from the past 20 years :eek: Is it a superstition?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I do find that bright red Budweiser as obtrusive!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by icemannyr
Not any more, he's been gone from the Yankees TV booth for two years or more.

Before working for the Yankees he was on the NY Mets TV broadcasts.
Don't forget McCarver was a catcher for the Cardinals in the 60's including catching for Bob Gibson's amazing 3 win World Series in 1967.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nuzzy
Of course McCarver was pulling for the Yankees!! He is one of their color commentators during the regular season!
You're wrong. Tim McCarver is not an employee of the YES Network broadcast team, which is responsible for games on both WCBS-TV and YES. McCarver DID however work Yankee games when they were on WNYW-TV a few years ago, after a long stint with WWOR-TV and the New York (Go!) Mets. Currently, Tim solely broadcasts with Fox Sports (he no longer does SF Giants commentary), and I happen to like him as well. Joe Buck on the other hand is lifeless.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I continue to be impressed with the job Fox does with sound. When they show Arroyo in the bullpen, not only does the camera switch to him, but then you hear the "whoosh" as the catcher gloves the warm-up pitch. Very nice.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by leesweet
Getting them over D* 88 also....

Ken H, is there a reason the Game 1 thread is still locked? :)
Yes, I wasn't available to open it. But, I've split the comments about tonight's game off, and merged them into this topic.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
looks so so here-OTA LA.I guess i'm just spoiled by the almost perfect,1080i,3-d,looking through the window effect i get from the games i saw on INHD and fox sports net.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Anyone else getting what sounds like almost a faint feedback at times? You know, that annoying "oooooo" from time to time? I don't have a 5.1 system hooked up, but it's doing it on both 88 via D* and my local FOX via antenna. It is not doing it via FOX SD local.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
BTW,McCarver sucks,always has.Remember when Vin Scully and Garagiola used to do the world series?That was a great broadcast team.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.