AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please place all related comments here, and don't forget to mention your source and provider. Cities, station call letters, DBS, Cable, OTA.

11am ET

The 2006 AT&T Cotton Bowl - #15 Texas Tech (9-2) vs. #13 Alabama (9-2)

Quote:
From The Washington Post

Why watch: Talk about a contrast of styles. Alabama has given up 118 points all season. Texas Tech quarterback Cody Hodges earlier this season spoke about possibly scoring 100 points in one game against a Division I-AA opponent. Tech averages 530 yards per game, while Alabama ranks second nationally with 248 yards allowed per game. Tune in when Tech has the ball, then flip the channel when the Crimson Tide has the ball.

Key player: Can Cody Hodges pass for more than 300 yards against Alabama's stout defense? Can he pass for 400? Texas Tech leads the nation with 403.6 passing yards per game. With weeks to prepare for the game, it will be interesting to see what the always creative, and eccentric, Mike Leach has devised for his Red Raiders offense. Alabama allows only 155 passing yards per game, so Hodges has his work cut out for him.

Who needs it most: Both programs need the victory, but Alabama is in the same boat as Notre Dame and Penn State. The three old-school programs all had unexpected revivals this season and a bowl loss would put somewhat of a damper on the year. Alabama began the season with nine straight victories and, at that point, appeared to be a threat to join Texas and USC among the nation's unbeaten teams when the regular season ended. That didn't happen, but Coach Mike Shula's team does not want three straight losses to end the year.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Is this game in HD? If so, it is not listed in the D* guide, Channels 88/89 as such.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looking great on WFTX-DT (DISH 811 OTA) in Fort Myers. I am having some loss of signal every so often, but that is my rabbit ears.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Looks great here on Comcast here in Detroit...aslong as FOX doesn't use that overhead camera.

But the sound is all screwed up -

--Overall sound is very low compared to ESPN and I have to keep fussing with the volume as I switch between the two games.

--Crowd noise in the front r/l speakers is horrid.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am having severe breakups. The signal meter is going nuts. WFTX-DT is not usually this hard to get.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
they just mentioned that fox is going to get a few of the BCS bowls starting next year... are they also going to do regular season games like ABC and CBS?

·
Registered
456 Posts
What a dramatic ending!

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny5.1
What a dramatic ending!
Wounded quail wins Cotton Bowl, film at 11....

·
Registered
712 Posts
God that was an ugly kick, only way that could have been any uglier is if he had missed!

Roll Tide, great win for the Seniors on that team. Just as a PS: what the hell happend to Auburn!

·
Premium Member
45,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW
Just as a PS: what the hell happend to Auburn!
They were beat by a much better team.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.