AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All games on FOX, 720p HDTV & DD 5.1. All times ET.

Schedule Updated 10/16/06 5:45pm

American League Championship Series

Detroit Tigers vs. Oakland Athletics

Gm 1 DET 5 @ OAK 1

Gm 2 DET 8 @ OAK 5

Gm 3 OAK 0 @ DET 3

Gm 4 OAK 3 @ DET 6

Detroit wins AL Championship 4-0

National League Championship Series

St. Louis Cardinals vs. New York Mets

Gm 1 STL 0 @ NYM 2

Gm 2 STL 9 @ NYM 6

Gm 3 NYM 0 @ STL 5

Gm 4 NYM 12 @ STL 5

Gm 5 NYM 2 @ STL 4

Gm 6 STL 2 @ NYM 4

Gm 7* STL 3 @ NYM 1

St. Louis wins NL Championship 4-3

* - If necessary

All times tentative

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
While not confirmed on MLB.com yet, many news outlets are reporting that both ALCS game 2 and NLCS game 1 will both be at 8 PM. It would be a split national telecast with FX with local markets recieving their home teams on FOX and the the other game on FX.

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, does that mean there will be regional distinctions between which game shows up on FOX (HD) and which is on FX (SD)?

As a Cardinals fan on the East Coast, I am hoping the NL game is on FOX here due to the New York angle.

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would strongly expect FOX to carry the NL game in both NYC & St. Louis, and the AL game in Detroit & the Bay Area.

After that on FOX, expect AL cities to get the AL game, and NL cities to get the NL game, but there will be some exceptions, and of course both won't be available on FOX in cities with two teams like Chicago & LA.

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
With FOX's top broadcasting crew doing th NLCS it will recieve the the top billing on Wednesday.

FOX has listed a breakdown of what the top markets will be showing.
Quote:
St. Louis Cardinals at New York Mets 82%
MARKETS INCLUDE: Albuquerque, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Birmingham, Boston, Buffalo, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Columbus, Dallas, Dayton, Denver, Fort Myers, Greensboro, Greenville, Hartford, Houston, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Knoxville, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Louisville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Providence, Raleigh, Richmond, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego, St. Louis, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, West Palm Beach

Detroit Tigers at Oakland Athletics 17%

MARKETS INCLUDE: Cleveland, Detroit, Minneapolis, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Seattle
FOX will have alternate channels on both D* and E* for SD coverage of the game. No word on HD coverage for the alternate game.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I liked the traditional method of having one game during the day and one game at night. Besides which, I prefer daytime baseball anyway.

·
Registered
643 Posts
They should put the HD feeds on 94 and 95 on D*. Blackout rules based upon local Fox coverage.

That would be a cool idea.

·
Registered
507 Posts
No HD here in So Fla?!?

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Pluses: Great DD 5.1 sound

Negative: Graphics. Seems to be a trend, but when listing stats they show the IP, Strikeouts and BB, but not hits allowed. As baseball experts will tell you, a good assessment of a pitcher's performance is if he gives up less hits then innings pitch. And if he give up less hits and walks combined than innings pitched that's the mark of a great pitcher. Also, Fox is not showing the score, hits and errors consistently at the end of the innings.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Very nice picture quality OTA Los Angeles.

Always enjoy Lou Pinella commentary.

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Another *glaring* weakness on Fox graphics: the exclusion of an entire season of a player's performance by failing to show each player's season statistics, only showing the stats for a four-game postseason series. How idiotic is that?

·
Registered
643 Posts
My HR10 updated the guide data in the last few minutes.

D* will have the AL game on Channel 94 tomorrow night and the NL game on Channel 95. They both have note about the other game, so I am assuming a blackout if your local Fox station has one game or the other.

Good job Fox and D* (oh, that is right, they are the same company).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Channel 94 is scheduled to carry the AL game tomorrow night, according to my HR10-250 guide. Knowing the weather forecast, it may end up that channel 94 won't be needed, since the Mets game will get postponed. Thumbs up to Fox & D* for carrying the feeds regardless.

·
Registered
507 Posts
No damn HD here on WSVN 7 Fox! How could they screw up the whole damn delivery of an LCS game in HD? WTF?

I should go down there and skull someone with my Louisville Slugger!

What BS!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardballpete
No damn HD here on WSVN 7 Fox! How could they screw up the whole damn delivery of an LCS game in HD? WTF?

I should go down there and skull someone with my Louisville Slugger!

What BS!
Adelphia Cable had their SVN "HD" FOX feed in stretch-o-vision, but the OTA feed from FLX was in HD. Not sure if you in Davie can pick up FLX, I watch in Coral Springs.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.