AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this website out, it is the Viera lineup for 06, cant read it, but it looks cool. Maybe it would be better to just call up a store in japan and order a TV and dvd player for 06 and have it shipped over

http://viera.jp/

·
Registered
810 Posts
From what I could get out of it there don't seem to be any ground breaking improvements.

The major feature of the PEAKS panel seems to be cleaner display of fast moving objects.

Panel life still 60,000 hours.

Still 3000:1 contrast ratio.

Only the 65" will be 1080 x1920

The current usage has been reduced up to 35% (65")

The following is a Goggle translation. Does this mean that it supports 14 bit processing in Cinema Mode?

"Furthermore, it improved the gradation efficiency with cinema mode in addition to the digital signal processing of the maximum of 14 bits which correspond to very detailed and high-level animated picture, with " NEW advanced real gamma.""

·
Registered
139 Posts
no 1080p??? similar specs to 8th gen??

major major bummer. i was told it was going to be 9th gen by someone at work. maybe he meant only the 65 or figured adding PEAKS would make it a 9th gen. its a very welcome addition (esp to a hockey fan like me)

how can you tell its still 720p/1080i on that site? still gonna buy one though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
no 1080p??? similar specs to 8th gen??

major major bummer. i was told it was going to be 9th gen by someone at work. maybe he meant only the 65 or figured adding PEAKS would make it a 9th gen. its a very welcome addition (esp to a hockey fan like me)

how can you tell its still 720p/1080i on that site? still gonna buy one though.
Well, the the 37"-50" are definitely not new models. Why do you think they are 2006 models?

The only new model in the link is the 65", which is 1080P capable.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supasso
Well, the the 37"-50" are definitely not new models. Why do you think they are 2006 models?

The only new model in the link is the 65", which is 1080P capable.
Definitely a bummer. But, they look much like the Pioneer Elite, which I like. The speakers are on the side and the set appears to have a glossy black finish.

Edit: After looking at it some more, it does look the same. The silver speakers at the bottom is integrated into the stand.

·
Banned
10,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supasso
The 37" - 50" are the existing G8 models. Only the 65" is 1080P.
I'll bet all of the PX500s are 1080p.

·
Registered
139 Posts
boy supasso, i hope you are right. i HOPE they are 1080P. i dont even know if id wait for some reviews. id just buy one ASAP. (although i know about the first batch of any product)

the model names of those TVs are the SAME as the 05 models, just with no "u" at the end. the same model number but with no "u". panny cant make a new TV with PEAKS and just take off the u. i relaly hope they are 1080P. im gonna try to find out at work as i have to talk to a few people but CES is right around the corner!

one two other notes, if you guys didnt do so already, go to panasonic.com and sign up for the CES update via e-mail (on the plasma page) and youll be e-mailed when the CES product page goes live. and also, looks like there will be a 500 versoin of the 37

·
Registered
139 Posts
when i go to the product page for the 65 it has a "NEW!" thing on the top left of the image.

this does not appear on the other models, which is good news. i hope they are showing te old models there. but it also says the smaller ones have PEAKS. so are they the new ones or not?

·
Registered
934 Posts
These models came out 3 months ago with the 65" shipping later in November. Only the 65" @ 1080p is an improvement from what we have in NA. In the 37-50" range the Japanese market was only catching up to what was already available here.

·
Registered
139 Posts
"...so youre telling me theres a chance :) "

-dumb and dumber, fav movie

i4u said they will all be 1080P. they said panasonic "will" release "full hd" tellys. full hd of course meaning 1080P

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was going to buy a panny th42px50u, but I think I am going to wait till the 06' models drop. I am thinking about driving out to vegas from so. cal for the day just to see the panasonic displays

·
Registered
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
"...so youre telling me theres a chance :) "

-dumb and dumber, fav movie
Classic.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.