AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide to get an existing 2006 26" LCD, or wait a little longer for lower prices and the 2007 models.

Between my need for excellent picture quality, and my wife's need for astetics -> sometimes finding the right TV is tough.

I like the picture quality on the Panasonic, Toshiba, Samsung and Sony 2006 LCDs. Side speakers and black glossy finish not wife approved. 2007 Toshiba 26HL67 will have a glossy bezel, so that is out.

I like the 2006 Panasonic TC26LX60. Any CES pictures of the 2007 panasonic TC-26LX70 -> is it all black or still sliver with flat black bezel? What is this "backlight" described in the press release. Is it literally a light on the back of the TV, or just something within the picture?

Looking for model numbers and info on the 2007 26" Sony's. No glossy black finishes or side speakers is the key.

Any information appreciated.

Edit: Found the 2007 Samsung model number. It looks like the speakers are on the bottom. Expensive though. Samsung 2007 March LN-T2653H: 26-inch, MSRP $1,299

JCPZero

·
Registered
818 Posts
Best bet for you is to go and see these sets in person. Spend sometime with them try out all the features and the remote. Don't let anyone where you to see these sets convince you otherwise. Let your eyes pick out the set image quality. Everyone taste is going to be different. You sound like you know what you want already..

Good luck...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone been able to dredge up any specifications for the TC-26LX70 yet? I want two HDMI inputs. If the LX70 is like the LX60 (one HDMI input), then it's pretty clear I'll get the LX600 (two HDMI inputs) before it has evaporated from the distribution channels.

-dp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.