AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know , or have heard if anyone is going to produce and release the 2007 BCS championship game on either HD-DVD or Blu-ray?

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
I guess Fox owns the rights, so if they were going to release it'd be on BD.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
It'd be nice to see last year's BCS in HD also. Oddly enough, the 06 BCS came out on DVD with horrible picture quality, they didn't even use the HD feed to master the dvd.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well, it'd be nice for me if they put the 2001 Orange Bowl (the one played in 2001, not the one after the 2001 season) on BD or HD DVD, but I don't know that it was ever broadcast in HD. ABC would have been doing the broadcast.

What I'd love to see is a licensing agreement between the schools and the networks to put together DVD/BD/HD DVD season sets. Never happen, of course, but it'd sure be nice to be able to have high-quality "seasons in review" sets.

I was just cleaning out my library tonight and found the 2001 North Carolina game, which was Tommie Harris' first appearance in college. In the guy's first three snaps, he sacked Ronald Curry, stopped the running back for a 2 yard loss, then knocked down a pass. Unfortunately, it was on VHS-I hadn't had my VHS player hooked up for a couple of years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.