AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 9438 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
returned due to RBE... PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING MITSUBISHI OR ANY DLP TVS... I will NOT REPLY. THANKS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase. I am looking into these Mits sets but waiting for some reviews. Was the 65" available too?

Please post pics if you can. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVSPHR34K /forum/post/0

Congradulations, highly unlikely since it got implemented 2 days ago but is it HDMI1.3?

Not sure, would be nice if it had that but not a deal breaker for me

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic43 /forum/post/0

Congratulations on your new purchase. I am looking into these Mits sets but waiting for some reviews. Was the 65" available too?

Please post pics if you can. Thanks.

They only had the 57" in stock and were waiting for the 65". They got a total of 3 sets in, 1 to be used for the display.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVBill /forum/post/0

Congrats, pbmpharmacist!

Do you know how fast the color wheel is on the 731 series?

I thought I read that they chose to go with 6 colors instead of bumping up the color wheel speed... not sure but my first HDTV so I'm seriously hoping not to have considerable RBE issues.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBFreek /forum/post/0

Cant wait for your review...congrats!!

I can give you initial feedback on Sat or Sun. I will not have HDTV service until Thursday the 22nd, but I do have an upscaling HDMI DVD player (Marantz DV7600) ready to try.

And, of course, there will be pictures (just be kind as I'm no better than any other Joe Blow consumer). For my first pic, I think I'll hold up a coin next to/over the side bezel to show how ridiculously thin it is around the edges (never seen anything like it!
)...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can't wait to hear more!! Can you please confirm for me when you get time on Saturday that the PIP is the same as the WD-52xxx series (if you're familiar with them). That's a big edge for the Mitsubishi's in my opinion. They do both picture next to picture as Sony but also the traditional picture IN picture with the full screen still in place and the IN picture that you can slide across, up and down (not just four corners). Can't find them in stock yet around me. Did have one online store salesman tell me the PIP was the same but I trust these forums a lot more than any salesman!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

·
Registered
779 Posts
If you want to stress test the set (for RBE), I hear that watching Sin City in a darkened room is a great test. RBE would happen along the borders of extreme contrast (i.e. where black pixels are adjacent to white pixels). It is easier to see if the bright area of the screen is in motion. Please don't try this test if you don't want to learn how to see rainbows, but if you are curious like I am I'd appreciate any feedback you have on it.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I can't wait to see this set in person. I'm really interested in how the set handles regular SD material and also how the stretch modes work as my family watches a fair amount of standard cable.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjayhawk /forum/post/0

Can't wait to hear more!! Can you please confirm for me when you get time on Saturday that the PIP is the same as the WD-52xxx series (if you're familiar with them). That's a big edge for the Mitsubishi's in my opinion. They do both picture next to picture as Sony but also the traditional picture IN picture with the full screen still in place and the IN picture that you can slide across, up and down (not just four corners). Can't find them in stock yet around me. Did have one online store salesman tell me the PIP was the same but I trust these forums a lot more than any salesman!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

I'll let you know what I find out but I'm not familiar with the previous model PIP features and I won't have HD digital cable until next Thurs. But if you remind me and I have time, I'd be happy to let you know.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVBill /forum/post/0

If you want to stress test the set (for RBE), I hear that watching Sin City in a darkened room is a great test.

I've heard that too. My wife hated that movie so I'm not sure how excited she'd be to rent it again. But I do know that if I'm going to be bothered by RBE, I want it to happen while I can still return it so I'll consider doing that.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bslep /forum/post/0

Congratulations on your purchase! I can't wait to see this set in person. I'm really interested in how the set handles regular SD material and also how the stretch modes work as my family watches a fair amount of standard cable.

Well all the HDTV sets suck for SD so I'm not optimistic but really, I have no idea. The store standard feed was probably the worst I have ever seen. I bought based on the HD drive feed hooked up via HDMI. It was actually pulled off of the JVC 1080 FH6197 (?) set and it looked a lot better to me than the JVC set.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
I'll let you know what I find out but I'm not familiar with the previous model PIP features and I won't have HD digital cable until next Thurs. But if you remind me and I have time, I'd be happy to let you know.

Don't think you need to actually have multiple inputs to see how PIP works, I do appreciate the effort and will try to drop in a reminder! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
nice look'n TV... I like the streamlined case - finally a "smart" design - less is more!

... but for 2.5x the price of what I just bought my 2006/7 CRT based Hitachi 57F59A (I can live without 1080p since content does not even exist yet) for I'll wait another year or two until the LEDs or Laser illumination engines take hold - plus SD display on my set is great too!

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Congrats...sounds like you got a great deal. I'll be watching closely since I'm seriously looking at this unit. I didn't see PIP as a feature in the specs, but that's not a deal breaker for me. Have fun with the new toy.

1 - 20 of 9438 Posts