AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***WARNING***

Any comment that remotely resembles a political comment will be removed and the offending member will be suspended for a week.

HDNet to feature live coverage of the President's State of the Union

Address - Tuesday, January 23rd at 8:00pm ET

Dan Rather to host HDNet Special Report live from Washington, DC

What: HDNet to provide live coverage of the President's State of the

Union Address beginning at 8:00pm ET. The coverage, hosted by Dan

Rather will include the Democratic response to the President's Address

and an interview with Democratic Presidential candidate John Edwards.

Immediately following the Democratic response, the network will go to

Dallas, Texas, where HDNet World Report Chief Correspondent Greg Dobbs

will lead a spirited discussion among Americans with varied personal and

political viewpoints.

When: Live coverage begins Tuesday, January 23rd at 8:00pm ET

continuing until 11:00pm ET. This HDNet Special Report will air in

place of Dan Rather Reports, and HDNet World Report; both of these

programs normally air in this Tuesday evening time slot.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
There was another thread about the SOTU in HD.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Is Dan still using some of his crazy "Ratherisms" like he did during the 2000 election?

"In Florida, Georgia, Virginia, and up in New Hampshire, all in white, the polls have closed, but we don't yet have a decision on who's won. Now Florida, that race--that race, the heat from it is hot enough to peel house paint."

--Election Night, November 7, 2000.

"Bob Schieffer is covering the battle for control of the Senate. Bob, the polls have closed at Virginia. A Senate race there ugly enough, nasty enough to gag a buzzard."

--Election Night, November 7, 2000

RATHER: Joining us tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, is Bill Daley, chairman of the Gore campaign. Thanks for being with us, Mr. Chairman.

DALEY: Thank you, Dan.

RATHER: Feeling good about your chances...

DALEY: Yes.

RATHER: ...or are your fingernails beginning to sweat?

"Virginia drops for President Bush as expected, 13 electoral votes from the Old Dominion state go in the Bush column. This is not unexpected but it is whooping news down in Texas, 41 electoral votes now for George Bush. Bush has jumped out to a 41-to-3 electoral vote lead over Al Gore. Yes, there's a long way to go, but any way you slice it, any way you dress it up, it's a good start for George Bush."

"It would be surprising to some people--Ohio's 21 electoral votes are still in play, widely expected to go for Bush. But the way this night is going, wild and wooly as it is, who can say?"

"I can hear some people at home saying, 'Ooh, if the electoral vote count is now what Dan Rather and CBS says it is, 121 for Bush, 119 for Gore, it seems to me just a few minutes ago Bush had a long lead.' His lead has evaporated and melt--been melted faster than ice cream in a microwave. 'What's happening here?'

--Election Night, November 7, 2000 after CBS had called Florida, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Illinois, and Michigan for Gore."

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Hope it's in 5.1 for "Dum dum dee dum dum dee dum dee dum dee dumb dumb".

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A number of political comments have been deleted.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Dan let his hair down, at least what he had, on election night 2000. I could never understand why so many thought he was off his rocker as I thought it was rather entertaining. IMO the levity was appropriate, it wasn't like he was covering some tragedy, although *** political comments have been deleted ***

·
Registered
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOD /forum/post/0

*** political comments have been deleted ***

Good.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Dan just gets a little squirrelly when he's not reading from a teleprompter.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I'm glad for more pervasive HD coverage, as I hope it soon becomes the norm rather than the exception. However, a SOTU is hardly an event where PQ will make a big difference.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Rory Boyce works at an ABC station so he's getting the info directly from the network.

·
Registered
45,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
***WARNING***

Any further comment that remotely resembles a political comment will be removed and the offending member will be suspended for a week.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
I always get into these threads when political comments have been deleted. Guess I miss all the good laughs. I guess I'll wait for the SNL or MAD skit this weekend.

I'd be interested to see how many people watch HDNet compaired to ABC.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I think ABC is providing the feed for all broadcasters. This is how it has been done in the last couple of years.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Are non-political critcisms of the newscasters allowed?

1 - 20 of 212 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.