1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
As a general rule, $20 for demo discs is dirt cheap...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've got the DTS disc and it's a nice demo. There's a Black Crowes concert part that is fantastic. Excellent sound placement, very distinct instruments. Also, the DTS trailers are awesome.

For $20 I'd say ya. Don't think I'd spend too much more than that. Luckily I got mine for free.

Are you buying these from ebay? That's the only place I've seen them for sale. I'd love to check out the Dolby & the THX discs from CES.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw8755 /forum/post/12880713

I've got the DTS disc and it's a nice demo. There's a Black Crowes concert part that is fantastic. Excellent sound placement, very distinct instruments. Also, the DTS trailers are awesome.

For $20 I'd say ya. Don't think I'd spend too much more than that. Luckily I got mine for free.

Are you buying these from ebay? That's the only place I've seen them for sale. I'd love to check out the Dolby & the THX discs from CES.

Ebay is the only place I can find them too. Someone from avs had an ad up, but it's closed now

Any info or help finding these is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The DTS disc was pretty easy to get but the Dolby one required you line up and sit through a demo so you might find it hard to convince someone to give up a copy of that...

I would be happy to trade a new release BD title for one of the DTS discs if anyone is interested...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found both Dolby and DTS demo disc on here for 15$ each shipped. Not too bad, the disc is pretty cool for both. I must say I can notice a huge difference between Dolby TrueHD , DTS-HD Master, and Dolby Digital +. After listening to TrueHD/DTS-HD, I do not like DD+ at all. Very cool disc to show off to, some very odd things on there too. Fun disc to play with/demo/show off to friends and family. Also the DTS-HD disc has more features then what is posted on that website. It has movie demo on the cd as well as more stuff. I have the DTS/Dolby disc, there's a THX disc? If so can anybody post some information on it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal /forum/post/12881277

I found both Dolby and DTS demo disc on here for 15$ each shipped. Not too bad, the disc is pretty cool for both. I must say I can notice a huge difference between Dolby TrueHD , DTS-HD Master, and Dolby Digital +. After listening to TrueHD/DTS-HD, I do not like DD+ at all. Very cool disc to show off to, some very odd things on there too. Fun disc to play with/demo/show off to friends and family.

Thanks for the info! Do you have a link for where you found the deals?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found it on here, in the HD-DVD sales, I have seen a couple more that people are selling/trading. The Ghost In The Shell/Last Mimzy/and the Sahara demo on the Dobly disc is amazing.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I actually have 2 or three copies of these we play them at my Best Buy all the time.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
actually now that I look that DTS is different than mine, can I get one, what is the link for the purchase?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well I bought both of these off ebay this evening...I opted to go with the hd versions instead of the blu ray versions...

If this is the last year for hd dvd...these will be more of a collectors item then the blu ray versions

I wont be able to listen to these to the full capability..untill samsung releases another firmware update for the bd up 5000

I wonder if these will be collector items? the dolby one is pretty scare on ebay, I guess the person that posted above, stated the dolby one is more rare because people had to sit through a demonstration...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
From quakerroatmeal: there's a THX disc? If so can anybody post some information on it.

I read the disc came out in 2007, but the listing on *bay says CES 2008.

THX Demo disc 2

·
Registered
22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuttgartHDfan /forum/post/12885809

If this is the last year for hd dvd...these will be more of a collectors item then the blu ray versions

I wonder if these will be collector items? the dolby one is pretty scare on ebay, I guess the person that posted above, stated the dolby one is more rare because people had to sit through a demonstration...

I don't know about the collector thing... how much does a used Beta cartridge command on eBay?

·
Registered
87 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygon /forum/post/12886688

I read the disc came out in 2007, but the listing on *bay says CES 2008.

THX Demo disc 2

Ah never seen this. Would be nice to have, but its only in SD it seems and without lossless. A lot of stuff on the disc though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingMore /forum/post/12886609

I'm contemplating the Dolby disc solely for the Ghost in the Shell demo... am I crazy? Is it really THAT good??

I really liked the Ghost in the shell demo...first thing I demo'd when my friend came over.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I just picked up the Dolby TrueHD disc, hope its good

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Wow...That is a great site

·
Registered
192 Posts
re: 2008 DTS HD-DVD Demo Disk

hi everyone,

can you confirm that all tracks in the DTS HD-DVD demo disc are encoded in DTS-MA?

is there any DTS-HR tracks (i.e. High Resolution Audio, 2-3 Mbps) present, or possibily exist as an alternate track next to DTS-MA?

reason I ask, is a user at another AV forum noted his Ingegra 9.8 displays "DTS-HD HI RES AUDIO" when playing the Harispray clip with A35,

whereas with a pio 95FD BD player the integra shows "DTS-HD MSTR 96/24" with the same clip in the BD demo disc.

Barring any translational misunderstandings, it appears that the two demo discs have different audio tracks?

Perhaps someone here with an onkyo / integra receiver can confirm this?

I understand DTS MA tracks are still rare in the US, hence testing is limited.

While I have no reason to doubt the capabilities of the A35, it would be helpful to confirm we are getting the facts straight.

p.s.

information on the track listings below isn't really helpful one way or another
http://www.demo-world.eu/demo-dvds/d...-disc-2008.php

I wonder if anyone else gets frustrated by this DTS marketing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts