The 2008 NFL Playoffs

NFC Championship Game in HDTV on FOX

New York Giants @ Green Bay Packers

Live from Lambeau Field, Green Bay, WI

January 20, 2008

6:30pm ET

720p & DD5.1

Announcers:

Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Pam Oliver & Chris Myers (Field reporters)

Weather Forecast: (weather.com)

Sky: Clear

Temperature: 2F

Wind Chill: -12F

Wind: From the West @ 9MPH

Please include your source (OTA, Cable, Satellite) and your location (City & Station) with your posts.

Please see this thread for the AFC game earlier today.

The George Halas Trophy will be given to the winner of today's game. It will be presented by Harry Carson or Bart Starr depending on who wins the game. Both will serve as honorary captains for their teams.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomunk /forum/post/12874014

thank good its in 720p instead of 1080i, just one of the reasons I love FOX

Me too, I much prefer my HD to be really blurry. Oh wait, I don't. It's a damn shame they have the SB.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I hate it when the networks put the games on later. Football is played all year (NFL) at 1 and 4:15,now when it is most critical they through out the regular programing and go "Prime time".

I have come to an accommodation with my wife that I can watch all I want but in the evening we watch together. This brings up contentious feelings at the end of season when the game overlaps with the "Family Hour"

·
Registered
1,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay1952 /forum/post/12874272

(...) now when it is most critical they through out the regular programing and go "Prime time".

Perhaps most years your complaint might have some merit, but with the strike-related dearth of new episodes, I'm not sure what the big deal is...

·
Premium Member
6,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:

I hate it when the networks put the games on later. Football is played all year (NFL) at 1 and 4:15,now when it is most critical they through out the regular programing and go "Prime time".

I have come to an accommodation with my wife that I can watch all I want but in the evening we watch together. This brings up contentious feelings at the end of season when the game overlaps with the "Family Hour"

Football is also played all year long in prime time as well and during the regular season the start time are even later. 16% of the regular season games have start time after 5 PM ET.

·
Registered
992 Posts

Quote:

It could be like baseball and the game could start much later than they are today. So I don't see what the big deal is. At least all of America can watch the game without having to stay up to 1:00 in the morning like you do for the MLB playoffs.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,622 Posts
CBS did a remote from the frozen tundra of Lambeau, Sam Ryan was on the field holding up a thermometer, zero degrees, -12 wind chill. She said her lips couldn't move very well.....

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
So, who else is tired of those movie and NFL cross promotion promos?

I thought the one FOX did just now was forgettable.

Credit to the FOX pre game guys for being on site and outside unlike the CBS Hosts, and all the cold crew.

·
Registered
998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomunk /forum/post/12874014

thank good its in 720p instead of 1080i, just one of the reasons I love FOX

It's only the pregame show, but this is the BEST I have seen Fox look all year. The intro with Samuel Jackson looked flawless. The picture was super sharp.

Did Fox do something different today? Did they increase the mbps?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
WNYW-DT NYC FIOS TV

I'm not so sure about the PQ, yes it's clean but on the wide shot of the hosts and the close ups I'm getting the swimming grass effect.

But my FOX station does multi-cast.

·
Registered
998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr /forum/post/12877935

WNYW-DT NYC FIOS TV

I'm not so sure about the PQ, yes it's clean but on the wide shot of the hosts and the close ups I'm getting the swimming grass effect.

Did you see the close up of Bradshaw. You could see the cold air cracking the skin on his face. When Farve pulled in with his truck the picture was super sharp. When Eli was warming up the colors and sharpness was so good it is like standing 2 feet away. This is the best I have seen Fox do all year.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemannyr /forum/post/12877935

That has no efffect, the splicer gives priority to the HD signal, and will take

from the subchannels if necessary.

I'm seeing +15 mb/s here, which with the encoders FOX uses is plenty for

720p. I have seen the swimming grass as well, I don't think that is related to bit rate.

1 - 20 of 379 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.