AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the current '07 Panny Plasmas have FANS and if so how loud are they?

How much "heat" are these things likely to generate. I am asking because I'm considering a new 2008 Viera plasma.

Thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmil /forum/post/12885173

How much "heat" are these things likely to generate. I am asking because I'm considering a new 2008 Viera plasma.

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of the 07 Panny - great looking set. I'm not very loud though. I am excited to get the 2008 so I expect this to be a very hot item indeed.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Quote:

It is 66 degrees inside my house right now and I really cannot hear the fans on my 2007 50PZ77U at all. They are pretty much whisper quiet. If I mute the TV I suppose I can hear some slight background noise from 1-2 feet away but that's about it. Any audio at all and you wouldn't hear it. Maybe that would be different during the heat of summer but it is definitely fine now. Also, it's not particularly hot IMO either even placing my hand right on the back of it.

Laurence

·
Registered
30 Posts
I usually keep my TVs a long time (10-20 years, JVC all the way,nary a repair); however, in my computer gear, the cooling fans frequently die after just 2-4 years, sometimes less. Is this going to be a problem with the plasma cooling fans? Any idea how difficult it would be to replace these fans on my own? Other than the fans, I prefer the plasmas over the lcds.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Quote:

Thanks!

What Fans?

jk, for the 2008 you won't hear them. I sit 3ft away and I don't hear them it does generate some heat though, not an iron or anything but having my hand 10in back or so I can feel a slight warmth.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My TH-50PZ85U has 5 fans, they look to be 92mm. They are silent, I cannot hear the fans at all. They are also mounted with some foam on the center piece to help with vibration.

I am familiar with electronic fans and I can say these are very quiet. I guess they are industrial type with hydro-bearings, maybe they are Panaflo?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts