AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks the start of the CL on Fox Sports, including broadcasting on their HD stations. Today's game is Celtic vs Arsenal.

Pre-game on now here, Mediacom out of Des Moines which carries Fox Sports Midwest HD.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Not in HD on CSN Chicago.[if anyone has any connections at CSN Chicago let em know it's supoosed to be in HD]......I just emailed em asking why it's not in HD[maybe they don't know it is .....it's being shown in 4:3 w/black bars]

·
Registered
59 Posts
initially it started off in HD and then it switched to either a very compressed HD or upconverted widescreen SD- but around the 21st min it switched back to HD and much better (British) commentary.

GO GUNNERS!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank God for Fox Sports and Direct TV, they have revived the Champions League

Timisoara vs. Stuttgart, Copenhagan vs. Apoel and Celtic vs. Arsenal were all live and in HD

FC Sheriff vs Olympiacos FC was live and in SD and in a few minutes they will show Sporting Lisboa vs Fiorentina in tape delay on Setanta.

I can't wait for the actual Champions League to start!

Direct TV has the UEFA Champions League Mix channel ... they do this now that I was wondering if it was worth to keep paying so much money for their service

·
Registered
253 Posts
Saw it here on MSG+ in NYC, it was in HD I guess, I mean some of the softest HD pic quality one can imagine. Don't know if its Fox or the original feed. Its not the Cable System in this case because MSG+ is actually one of the channels that gets a lot of bandwith from my cable system to show the local hockey during the season. Oh well better than standard def I guess.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO Perfect HDTV /forum/post/17021837

I can't wait for the actual Champions League to start!

Direct TV has the UEFA Champions League Mix channel ... they do this now that I was wondering if it was worth to keep paying so much money for their service

Which channel was the mix channel on?

·
Registered
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx6bfast /forum/post/17022108

Which channel was the mix channel on?

461 SD mix channel

461-1 HD mix channel

from 462 to 466 they have all the matches in SD

462-1 to 466-1 the HD versions

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It finally switched to HD at the 82 minute mark[maybe that email did the trick......better late than never].

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Fantastic getting Celtic v. Arsenal in HD yesterday...

DD 5.1 vs. DD 2.0 seems to be a bit hit or miss on the various FSN's. Anybody have a guide as to who has 5.1?

I recorded it on my local FSN, Sports South, and it had only 2.0. A mistake I hope to correct next time.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Fox sports west had 2.0 sound.

The non-british anouncers moments at the beginning were clearly just a hiccup on the part of Fox. The "host" had to step up to the plate and do his best. It happens occasionally on other Fox soccer channel productions. Some of us remember a few years back when they didn't use the british announcer feed...brutal. (And I'm no Eurosnob.)

Nice to see so much more soccer in HD these days. EPL on Espn 2 saturday mornings, Spanish La Liga on its way to ESPN2, champions league in HD, MLS in HD on espn and Fox soccer channel rumored to go HD in January which will increase the amount of EPL and MLS games (at least) available in HD.

I remember when being a soccer fan meant you had to go to a bar with a huge ugly dish to watch the sport....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts