AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 38th Fiesta Bowl on FOX HD

#10 Ohio State Buckeyes (10-2) vs. #3 Texas Longhorns (11-1)

Live from University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ

January 5, 2009

8pm ET

720p & DD5.1

Did not see a thread started for this.

Picture looks soft to me and Stereo only on D*398

Must be a D* problem with the audio. DD on my cable system.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
D*

WTXF

Allentown, PA

Sound seems bottlenecked bad.(muffled)(especially with voices) Getting DD though.

PQ is just o.k., seen much better recently from fox and others.

Some swimming grass, which I hardly ever see anymore with HD sports.

An overall D+ grade - imo.

Is it just me or is this game very dim? Is the stadium poorly lit?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Interesting, the black annoyance above the scorebar is now a lighter transparent tint. I dont remember if it was like that for their other bowl games.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DD for me now also. Don't know what the issue was. This game is in the same stadium as the Cardinals vs Falcons playoff game. I thought that game looked very good.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I am not mistaken NBC did that game. Did you ever think you would say that NBC did a better job than FOX for Football?

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Wow, went to SD there for a minute there around the 5:00 minute mark.....so much dimmer than the Cardinals game and with worse sound.

Sigh.

Just got a nice sound "mistake" of a burst of noise....damn that was loud!(1:51 mark)

This is the first time I have "ever" gone out of my calibrated movie/cinema mode for a football game and it isn't even a sunny weekend afternoon game.

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Yep. Very soft picture. Not near the quality of picture compared to the Orange Bowl.

Let's hope that the Championship game pq on Thursday is on par with the Orange Bowl since it is the same place.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-a-g-l-e-s /forum/post/15468889

who did the orange bowl?

fox

·
Registered
45 Posts
Can someone get FOX to stop with the Nissan Z commercials? They have already shown enough (of the same, exact commercial) to meet and exceed the advertising requirements for one of the bowl game's sponsors!

This is a rhetorical question as I know no one reading these forums can actally get FOX to do this...more of a rant...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been underwhelmed with FOX's camera work/production management. There were 3 plays in the 1st qtr that they missed part or all of the play because they were zoomed in on some player or fans in the stand or taking too long with the replay. Do they really need to zoom in on a player's helmet until it fills my whole 50" display?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that McCoy's sister or girlfriend with his parents?

·
Registered
45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan33 /forum/post/15468873

Yep. Very soft picture. Not near the quality of picture compared to the Orange Bowl.

Let's hope that the Championship game pq on Thursday is on par with the Orange Bowl since it is the same place.

I thought it was just the PQ on my 50" Samsung DLP in the front room. I'm gonna try the plasma in the bedroom and see if it helps any.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Knoxville, TN the pq is horrible, especially pre game. This makes me mad as a Gator fan. Thursday night's broadcast will suck.

And I'm watching on a Pioneer ELITE.

Can someone fill me in (or point me where the info is) as to why FOX sucks so bad for sports PQ?? CBS,IMHO, is so much sharper.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mraif /forum/post/15469015

I dunno, but his mom is kinda hot!

:)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts