AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I just purchased the Insignia NS-P501Q-10A. The PQ looked good right out of the box. Better after plugging in some settings into Movie mode that others have recommended for the Samsung PN50B450. (The Insignia NS-P501Q-10A is apparently a Samsung PN50B430 with a limited menu and a few cosmetic changes. The Sammy 430 seems to be a scaled back 450 that is largely marketed outside of North America.) Can't find any setting posted for the Insignia or the Sammy 430 so no help there. I'm in day 3 of using Evangelo2's Break-in DVD.

I would love to have any feed back on the above assumptions, as well as any info on settings and access to a service menu. The user menu is pretty sparse. Regards, 007

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will tell you that I am partial to plasmas and I've always had it in my head that I would never buy Insignia or an "off" brand. Currently I own a Panny Plasma and a Samsung 50B550. Both of these plasmas are fantastic, but we decided to add one more in our game room and there was no way I was plunking down another $1,300 or $1,400 for a Sammy or Panny when I saw this one for $699.

When I was making the purchase, I had conceded to myself that it would not deliver as nice a picture as my other two, but after getting it home...if I'm just being completely honest...it looks every bit as good as the Samsung or Panasonic.

Obviously I am going to keep my B550 in the main room, it is a great set, but the fact is, if this Insignia was my only plasma, it would suit my needs just fine. By the way, it is made by Samsung and the quality reflects that. An excellent plasma for the money.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you 100% certain it is manufactured by Samsung? If so, how were you able to verify that?

Last year's 50" Insignias were manufactured by Proview using Samsung panels.

If they are made by Samsung, then the current sale price of the 50" 720p set is ... incredible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikken /forum/post/17003875

Are you 100% certain it is manufactured by Samsung? If so, how were you able to verify that?

If they are made by Samsung, then the current sale price of the 50" 720p set is ... incredible.

A few venders still offer it for sale in the US market. Perhaps Best Buy is the most prominent. Some of the Specs on the Best Buy site are wrong (resolution is 1360 x 768 not 1024). Some sites have better photos than others. The photos of the rear connection panel are identical. The buttons on the lower right panel frame are identical. The PDF manuals from Insignia and Samung are very similar, however, the Insignia picture menu is missing "cell light" and the "advanced settings" sub menu. I miss that one. Below are some sites that I used but I'm not allowed to post the URLs since I just started posting. Regardless, You can look them up.

Samsung Global Download Center: (use the "step by step" second search option. the "model name" won't work.)

Insignia Download page:

Best Buy Compare Page:

Regards, 007

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikken /forum/post/17003875

I will try to post some relevant URLs again.

Insignia model: NS-P501Q-10A

Samsung model: PN50B430P2D

Samsung Global Download Center:
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...00L02_0310.pdf

Insignia Download Page:
http://insigniaproducts.com/cms/docu...Q-10A%20EN.pdf

Best Buy Compare Page:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....4395476&catId=

Digital Content Protection Site:

Manufacturer ----------- Samsung Electronics

Product or Family Model -- NS-P42Q-10A, NS-P501Q-10A,NS-P502Q-10A

Product Description ----- PDP display with two HDMI inputs

http://www.digital-cp.com/hdcp_products/HDMI_Sinks

Regards, 007

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.