AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Have fun! We're just North of you. Hopefully we'll catch a little of the game after teardown.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wendel, quick question about football telecasts this year. Do you know if NBC will be using the graphics/sound package they had for the Superbowl, or are they going to be using the graphics/sounds they did during the regular season, playoffs, and pro bowl? I remember the Superbowl graphics and scorebar at the bottom being cleaner than the regular season, and the theme had a more dramatic tone to it during the Superbowl broadcast.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyfrog /forum/post/16970640

Wendel, quick question about football telecasts this year. Do you know if NBC will be using the graphics/sound package they had for the Superbowl, or are they going to be using the graphics/sounds they did during the regular season, playoffs, and pro bowl? I remember the Superbowl graphics and scorebar at the bottom being cleaner than the regular season, and the theme had a more dramatic tone to it during the Superbowl broadcast.

Music is the same. It was new to us at Super Bowl. We're not using much of it for preseason. But it's the new mixes from here on out.

The graphics are revised, but very similar to SB. The honey comb is gone behind the score bar, like at SB. I think everything is much easier to read.

We'll add a few new items as we start the regular season.

WS

·
Registered
274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNF Mixer /forum/post/16970686

Music is the same. It was new to us at Super Bowl. We're not using much of it for preseason. But it's the new mixes from here on out.

The graphics are revised, but very similar to SB. The honey comb is gone behind the score bar, like at SB. I think everything is much easier to read.

WS

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the broadcast tonight.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts

Quote:

WS

Loved the new graphics look for the SB. Glad it's staying.

Call me old school, but even though I do like this new mix of the music, the first version was great.

Watching on WETM, Elmira, NY -very SD via Time Warner on 25" at my in-laws. I'm dyin' here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
watching on the buffalo NBC feed via rogers cable in toronto, sa8300 and a pioneer 6010

brutal compression artifacts everywhere. the close up after the kick returner was brought down the grass looked like a million tiny insects crawling around. everytime there's a wipe and graphics come up its literally painful to watch..camera pans over the audience exhibit the same things.

i also dont get why there's tint all the way down to the bottom of the screen below the score ticker. on my screen its about 4" of wasted, tinted space. have the score display there, sure, but why tint all the way down? it makes no sense at all to me

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:

The honey comb is gone behind the score bar, like at SB. I think everything is much easier to read.

woot!! MUCH better without the honeycomb...

pq pretty good here.... better than in previous years on nbc... less pixelation... nice colors... minimal swimming turf...

aq as expected... wendel is in midseason form...

wcau out of philly. fios, south jersey.

ps. i love cris collinsworth. as much as i'm gonna miss ol' john, this might end up being the best pair in a football booth since the glory days of summerall and the young john...

edit: lipsync pretty bad on the clip of woodson giving his speech...

·
Banned
7,723 Posts
Hello Wendell!!!

I have a new sound system as well as a new antenna system and a new power system this year and damn your audio sounds fine!!!
Picture is fantastic as it is every year...No swimming grass here...

Cinti, OH

WLWT-HD

OTA

Denon AVR 789 in 5.1 mode

Toshiba 51" CRT HDTV

LG 3510a ATSC tuner

Antennacraft U-4000 UHF 4 Bay Bowtie Antenna

NexxTech +15 dB Pre-Amp

APC H15 Power Conditioner

·
Banned
7,723 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteaz /forum/post/16972080

Good sound for a quiet stadium. Anyone else hearing a very high-pitched whistling intermittently in the surrounds? Watching on KXAS in Dallas via FiOS.

No whistling that I hear...Very clean very clear and very concise audio with LOTS of surround action (cheering) for the stadium being so quiet...

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
The HOF game always seems quiet to me, I just attribute it to being a glorified high school stadium that only seats about 20,000 people and an exhibition game that doesn't have much for the crowd to get excited about.

PQ is pretty good, although a bit of muddiness with fast motion on the main 50 yard cam. Watching WKYC Cleveland OTA and via D* on a 50" 1080p plasma. One Weather subchannel. Sound is great as usual, Wendel.

Glad to see the honeycomb gone! Now I'll have to spend the next 5 years crusading to get rid of the tint.
There's really no reason for it.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Down here in Miami on NBC 6, the game looks and sounds great. Can't wait for the regular season and Madden 10!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Wendel,

Sounds fantastic. My two sons even noticed how great the surround mix was.

-R

1 - 20 of 31 Posts