AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 75th Annual Orange Bowl on FOX

#19 Virginia Tech Hokies (9-4) vs. #12 Cincinnati Bearcats (11-2)

Live from Dolphin Stadium, Miami, FL

January 1, 2008

8:30pm ET

720p & DD5.1

Please post all related comments here, and include provider (OTA, Cable, DBS, Fiber, IPTV), and source (station call letters & city), thanks.

Quote:
From FOX Sports

The Hokies are trying to put an end to two negative streaks. They are 0-4 in BCS bowls since beating Texas in the 1995 Sugar Bowl. And no ACC team has won a BCS bowl since Florida State beat the Hokies in the 1999 Sugar Bowl. This is Tech's 16th straight bowl. Cincinnati is making its first BCS bowl appearance.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by owine /forum/post/15434725

I for one will not be sad to see Fox leave the BCS arena when the contract is up. Their coverage seems to forced and thrown together. ESPN/ABC and others do a far better job.

Yea it just feels too sterile, like an NFL game. ABC's coverage of the Rose Bowl seemed to really hit the right things that make college football special. FOX is dialing up the green on the field tonight too. I could chroma key the local doppler radar.

·
Registered
456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCTV99 /forum/post/15435065

It's kinda a boring game, but I think it looks very good actually. A little dark on the sidelines but hardly any swimming grass for me on Comcast.

Likewise, hardly any swimming grass here on Charter cable. Looking like a competitive matchup, tied at 7.

·
Registered
978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin j /forum/post/15434793

The halftime show will feature the Doobie Brothers btw.

I know this is offtopic for this forum, but why does the Orange Bowl insist on crappy halftime shows? Its a college football game, and halftime is for the band...every other bowl game I believe gets this, except the stupid Orange Bowl. (not hating on The Doobie Brothers, either, by the way...just the whole "we think we are the Superbowl" attitude the OB has...Im a fan of ZZ Top, who performed last year, and Id still rather see the college bands (especially since ZZ Top is way past their prime)).

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
This seems like the Boo-Boo Bowl. Lots of switching mistakes, intermittent "telestrator," and bad audio. You can only hear the drum line of the UC band, even though the rest of the band is playing. The VT band is OK.

The Orange Bowl used to be the prime bowl for NBC, and the halftime show was bigger than the Super Bowl's. Interactive graphics, pyrotechnics, even 3-D, the Orange Bowl halftime had it all.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki84 /forum/post/15435676

FOX is Horrible! They can't show us the Doobie Brothers full halftime performance? This is also what the Orange Bowl is about, the great halftime performances, they'd rather show us commercials.

Haha I don't know that they'd RATHER show commercials, but I could've done with a lot less of the studio stuff in LA and more of the performance.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.