AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. Noyd

any word on hdmi 1.4 ? And if the usb drives is the 3.0 ones ?

Also since this unit has the sound bar connected, is it lasts years model ? Or is it the one in the vsb210ws ?

Also will the wireless subwoofer be available ?

Also what is the chance vizio makes a tv with built in simulated 7.1 ?

I am waiting for a vizio with hdmi 1.4 + usb 3.0 + built in simulated 7.1 sound with subwoofer

any ideas ?

·
Registered
7,230 Posts
You'll need to wait for CES in Jan to get these features made public.

USB 3.0 very unlikely as only a few Vendors are producing anything with 3.0 at this time and Intel has no plans for another year.

Wireless subwoofer - a quality one still needs to be powered by something and don't see how that's possible in a wireless pkg.

How do you simulate 7.1 without a subwoofer and true rears? I've owned the best sound bar with supposed simulation and it could not touch my true surround system regardless of what the critics say which is why I sold it on Ebay after six months of putting up with what turned out to be a great Center Channel but no way it was 5.1 or 7.1.

Of course if your not used to true 5.1/7.1 perhaps you could be fooled but since I've had both the simulated is comparatively a fake TURD!

·
Registered
305 Posts
HDMI 1.4... should be, all it adds from 1.3 (and relevant to this TV) is the audio return channel and ethernet support. Maybe 3D too, CES is just days away we'll know soon enough.

I'm not sure how a simulated 7.1 would work. If they release a 7.1 it'd better be a real 7.1. Regarding the wireless sub, I believe OP means a separate powered one with signals going through wireless.

USB 3.0, I don't think so.

1) Vizio tends to use tried-and-true technology (that's how they grew) 3.0 components are probably expensive as they're not as widespread, they also has 9 pins unlike the 4 pin 2.0 ones, which requires a different electrical/mechanical design.

2) I don't think there's any real-life advantage in using 3.0 over 2.0. USB 2.0 can handle streaming 1080p movies frmo USB thumb drives just fine.

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.