AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Great LIVE coverage. Glad it wasn't tape-delay! The overhead tracking camera was great. Was really too bad we didn't get that in Beijing. I assume that most of this was the host feed augmented by NBC's on-site cameras?

I was in Rome last month, and looking at the trees around the complex reminds me of the scenery of the city. The reflections from the outdoor pool during daytime must have made shooting the races very tricky.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We have six NBC cameras here. And then we have feeds of all the host cameras. Since we can't talk to those operators, you might see an occasional on-air zoom or pan.

My only microphones are for NBC talent. I have feeds of the host's 36 pool and crowd mics.

Toasty warm here. The announcers and some cameras (near side on TV) are in shade by our 6 pm local start time. The fans across the pool (far side on TV) stare into the setting sun.

The overhead camera is mounted on a giant grid, suspended by heavy cables. It holds only PA speakers and that tracking camera, as far as I can tell.

I'll attach a photo.

WS

·
Registered
136 Posts
Is it just me or was the pool feed camera setup much nicer than what we usually get from American broadcasters? It seemed considerably less saturated and cartoony. I liked it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a recording of the Beijing Olympic swimming, and I can tell that the overhead camera was definitely moving. Maybe it didn't cover the full length, but it certainly did move from the middle to the finish as it remained looking down vertically at the swimmers. You can tell it's moving along the length, as opposed to simply turning left and right, by watching the vertical wall at the end of the pool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.